This post is pretty late but I wanted to make sure I wrote you a 23 month letter. Time is zooming by and before we know it you'll be TWO. Ironically for you 23rd month-- we celebrated your birthday early with family while we were home in Billings. It was a perfect 2nd birthday party with just close family and a couple friends. The theme: CARS. Of course. Your love for cars and trucks is too great not to incorporate it into your party. So... we went all out on a cool Cars themed party to celebrate you turning the big 2!!! Auntie Jess made your cake again. Last year it was Monkey, this year it was Cars. Wonder what we'll do for your 3rd bday!?!? :-) We do know your love of balls- basketball, football, baseball, etc. And of course your serious admiration for dogs of any kind. And, Who knows what the next year will bring?
You're still a fiesty little man for sure. Temper tantrums still come and go and they are coming with much more force- i.e- throwing whatever is near you or stomping your feet with quite the cry/scream. You can be a stubborn toddler at times and your new favorite word is fittingly, "No". Sometimes it's cute and you say it in a flirtatious way to get a good reaction, which always works. We all smile and remind you to say 'yes' if thats the right answer. But, there are also times you say it when you're mad or you truly don't want something and it comes out with quite a shriek that can drive your mama nuts.
You are so lovable though. You kiss and hug the best. You say "love you" in the sweetest voice that makes us melt. Every. Single. Time. That can NEVER get old. You also say thank you, night night, bye bye. Along with other two word phrases that involve a color (typically blue or green) and an object (car, truck, ball, etc). Your favorite phrase or sentence is "where did _____ go?" Typically fill in the blank with dog, car, dada, mama, it, papa, etc... whatever you're playing with... thus making hide and seek a lot of fun with you lately!
You are pretty stinkin' smart when it comes to picking out things and colors in books when questioned. You never cease to amaze us with what you pick up on while reading. You really do know SO much. Slowly but surely you're picking up on the words and starting to say them.
You are SUCH a picky eater sometimes. Typical for toddlers, I know. But, it makes getting you to eat pretty difficult. It means we tend to give you the same things all the time, just to get you to eat. We try desperately to try new things with you or get you to eat things we're eating. Sometimes there is just no winning and we give in and just give you something we know you'll eat... just so you eat SOMETHING. It's frustrating, but common. What happened to the days when we fed you all organic homemade veggies and fruits and you ate SO healthy and great?? Welcome are the days where we feed you pbj, mac & cheese, cottage cheese, crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars, chicken nuggets, or hot dogs just to get some food in you! Silly Boy.
No headway on moving you to a toddler bed or starting to potty train. I admit, these are a couple of the major things I fear with toddlers. I have NO intention of moving you to a toddler bed till you're good and ready-- and this might mean until you're 3. As of now, I know you far too well. You wouldn't sleep and you'd get into anything and everything in your room and play too much! Also, you're not ready to potty train. You don't show any of the typical "signs" and I'm in NO rush to push it on you. I think we have a good year before I know it's necessary. We do plan on getting you your own potty to "practice" and get used to it but have no intention of "training" you till you're at least 2.5! :-) Too bad this means we'll have 2 in diapers for quite a while... but... we knew that was going to happen!!
This could potentially be your last monthly post. I've been contemplating for quite some time on if I should continue it past 24 months. I haven't missed a month since I started blogging and I enjoy being able to write down some memories and milestones that you're learning each month. With baby Luke coming very soon, I know for sure I'll be doing them for him. We'll see what the future brings on how often I keep them up with you! I definitely want to document your relationship with your little brother so that is something I plan on blogging about for quite some time.... so stay tuned for "Brotherly Love" blog posts. I cannot wait for you to meet him and for you to be a big brother. :-)
Here are some pictures from your 2nd birthday party with family:
Inspecting the cool cake!
I totally underestimated how much a 2 year old would want to open the gifts.
We had to make you wait till everyone was there...
that was a tough task! :-)
You just wanted to dig in!
Showing cousin Nathan your toys!
Didn't even want to put down the car to eat! hahaah
Yuum!
For your 2 year post I plan on writing your birth story. Something I've been wanting to sit down and write for a LONG time-- so I always have it down and never forget the special details of the day we welcomed you into the world and our lives forever changed. God really knows what he's doing and we're so lucky to have gotten YOU!
We love you sweet E.






No comments:
Post a Comment