Tuesday, June 26, 2012

3 Years and Counting...

Today marks 3 years of sweet wedded bliss! Honestly, I can say that whole-heartedly. We have not exactly taken the slow and easy road of marraige. But, neither of us would have had it any other way. 


We jumped into it ready to go. And 'go' we did. Within days of our wedding, we moved to Missoula to start our lives together. I got my first nursing job-- which was not my ideal job and ended up testing me in more ways than one. The hubs started his crazy, busy Law School journey. Withing 3 months of marriage we found out we were expecting our first baby. We welcomed our first son just 2 days before our first anniversary. Our second year of marriage, Hubby continued school busting his butt to get great grades while still remaing a great daddy and husband. We continued to expand and fill up every square inch of our teeny TINY apartment. I kept working full time night shift as a nurse to support/pay bills around here while hubby kept at that dang law degree. During his last year of school we were so excited to find out we'd be adding to our little family. And the hubs would still finish out in the top of his class and graduate with honors. 


 Now here we are celebrating anniversary number 3. And, we just celebrated son #1's second birthday 2 days ago and we are literally just ONE week away from finally meeting our second son!! Like I told a friend recently-- we just like to smash all of our family fun and celebrations as close together as possible. :-)  We like things crazy and busy. And to prove that-- within the same month of having our second baby-- the hubs will be taking (and passing with flying colors no doubt) the BAR exam-- and just a few days later we'll be moving back to Billings to rent our first house (finally, no more SMALL apartment) and for the hubby to start his first job as a Lawyer. If that isn't crazy, I don't know what is!!! 


Honestly. I LOVE this life and there is NO better partner I'd rather have by my side for this crazy, wild adventure of marriage. Maybe some day it will slow down just a bit... but who knows what God has in store for us in the next couple years!!! ;-) And, thats the fun part! We love each other more than the day we got married. We enjoy seeing each other in our roles as Mama and Dada... but we remember that we are first Husband and Wife. We love watching each other grow in so many ways. We've remained close through the crazy rollercoaster. We've got each other's backs when life throws us curve balls. And, We'll remain hand in hand in this crazy, beautiful life. It's only been three years-- but look how far we've come and how much God has blessed us!!! I can only imagine what the next 50+ will bring us. 


Here's to my faithful and loving husband who never fails to remind me how much he loves me and our sons. 
Here's to 3 years married to the best man I could have ever asked for. 




And...
 Here's to many more years with my best friend
 literally taking my hand 
and sticking with me through thick and thin,
 sickness and health, and richer or poorer. 

Happy Anniversary!!  

Thank you,
  for saying "I do" 



No comments:

Post a Comment