What a fabulous day we had celebrating Elijah!
Can't believe we now officially have a TWO year old!! :-)
We had a great day full of fun, friends, and food!
We started the day off with our little tradition we started last year: Birthday Pancakes!!
I'm glad I snapped a quick picture of the number 2 pancake before I set it in front of Eli, because he immediately picked it up and starting eating before I could get a picture of him with the pancake. That's ok. We knew he liked it! He scarffed down breakfast and kept saying "yuuum" :)
Next up, we got ready and were off to church for the morning. We are so blessed to have such an amazing church and dear friends there! We are going to truly miss it when we move to Billings. Before church, I snapped a few photos of our little birthday boy lookin' sharp.
Also got a couple cute ones of the little man with mama and dada!
After church we enjoyed a lunch fit for the birthday boy: Mac & Cheese.
Between that and promising hot dogs for dinner- he was one happy kid.
His two favorite meals in the same day!
Mama and E took good naps for the afternoon-- we both needed them!
After nap time, we got changed and slathered up with sunscreen to head to the baseball game!
Given Elijah's love for baseball, the outdoors, and hot dogs: what better way to celebrate him then to go to an Osprey Baseball Game with friends this evening?? It was the perfect way to enjoy the sunshine (it was HOT out there) and have a good time together. Eli liked the game, but got antsy every once in a while and would beg to "go!" on walks. He met Ollie the Osprey- but was too nevous to give him a high five. It was fun, because coincidentally, it was Ollie's Birthday today too! So the whole crowd sang Happy Birthday (and we changed it to Eli, instead of Ollie) He ate a yummy hot dog and was SO excited for it. He got a soft baseball at the souvenire shop, and to top it off: got to enjoy a yummy birthday MilkShake. (since he didn't have a cake or cupcake, this was the next best thing!)
I'd say it was a great time had by all!
He was so cute, liked clapping and dancing along with the crowd.
Love these boys!
The Boys watching the game...
My sweet E, 2 years old already!
Birthday Milkshake!!
The girls
Osprey Win!
Our sweet little (and growing!!) family!
I just love this picture so much!
After the game we came home and got to video chat with Oma & Opa.
E even stayed up late while he danced and played the night away.
He was ready for "nigh night" when the time came and I'm sure he'll sleep hard tonight.
It was SUCH a good day.
A great day actually -- Celebrating our little man!
Can't belive it's been two years already...
time flies when you're having fun! :-)
Happy 2nd Birthday, Elijah!













No comments:
Post a Comment