Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bumpdate~ Week 35

~~Random thought: Oddly enough- after posting this photo- I don't look that big here. Which is SO weird. Because I am pretty large. Maybe this shirt just fits me better than others... or I hadn't eaten for a while... or Luke was just laying just right to hide more or something?? Because comparing this to week 32-- It looks like I haven't grown and I know I have- and my doctors agree! *weird* 


Weeks: 35 Weeks 

Size of baby: Roughly: 6 pounds; 19-21 inches. Luke was estimated at  5 lbs, 11 oz (75 percentile) last Thursday. 

Maternity Clothes? YEP. loving just lounge pants and comfy maternity shirts. I get into my pj's RIGHT away if we're at home for the evening. I also stay in them as long as possible each day. :) Nothing too tight and hating jeans lately. 

Sleep: Ok. Still hard to get comfortable to fall asleep. Waking up at least 2 times a night to pee... and many more to repostion. One night it was almost like clock work- every hour on the hour I'd change positions. 

Best Moment this week: Seeing Luke on ultrasound-- although he wouldn't cooperate too well. He kept smashing his head into my uterine wall, thus, turning away for any good face shots. We got a couple face shots- but the cord is right in front of his neck/chin so it would make it look very blurry. Good to see he's healthy, at a good weight, and doing well! Also, glad we got some maternity pics captured :) 

Miss Anything? Having more energy. Get tired on small walks with E, but still enjoying getting out and moving. Also miss not being short of breath all the time! 

Movement: It really comes and goes. But, overall, its getting to be less. The last 3 days he's moved less and less. One day I realized I had barely felt him move all day. Mix that with a lot of contractions (That were even timeable at every 10 minutes and feeling very crampy) I began to get worried. I took a hot shower, drank some water, and layed down. Reason number 500 why I love having my own doppler: I could lay there and find his heartbeat and just relax knowing all was well. :-) I knew if his heartbeat was strong and good than I had nothing to worry about. Had I not had my doppler, I would have fretted until I felt him move and still might have wanted to go to the doctors to get checked. He is still moving, just less because I swear he doesn't have much room in there any more! 

Food Cravings: I'm hungry almost all the time, but get full very fast due to lack of space in my stomach! Often whatever we've planned for dinner doesn't "sound good" when it comes to actually eating it, but it turns out to be fine. Had a real ice cream craving tonight- and hubs was AMAZING to run and get us some Ben & Jerrys. Yum!

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nothing! 

Labor Signs: a lot of contractions-- some days there are a TON. The other evening I noticed I was definitely having a lot, so I started paying attention to the timing. They were coming almost exactly every 10 minutes. Not painful, but definitely noticeable and uncomfortable. Funny thing is: with braxton hicks you're supposed to call your doctor if you have more than 5 in an hour. Well, I was definitely having more than 5. But knew that If i could sleep through them- they weren't real. We went to bed, and although it took me a long time to fall asleep and I layed there for a long time feeling the contractions and wondering if something would come of them: I eventually fell asleep. False alarm. Feeling uterine cramping a lot. The other day I felt this feeling of impending labor. I just had this feeling that it was coming soon. Not sure when "soon" is... but I just felt that my body was starting to get ready. Weird. Well, that was a couple days ago and I'm still here and prego as ever. Still having a lot of contractions though! 

Symptoms: Contractions, cramping, shortness of breath, low energy, aching back and hips. Amazingly-- I still asked my hubby this week if this could not be our last baby and pregnancy. Even with all I'm going through, uncomfortable, and huge as ever... I'm not ready for this to be my last. We'll just have to see what the future holds... :-)

Belly Button In or Out? Even with the belly. Apparently- i do not have the belly button that pops out when ready- like a turkey baster. Mine just stays there. It did last pregnancy too. 

Wedding ring on or off? On, but tight. I haven't taken it off in a long time. Honestly. I think I'm afriad if I take it off I won't be able to get it back on! Haha! 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I actually feel mostly happy and positive these days. I feel like it's all getting closer and we'll be holding Luke before we know it. I feel like we're finally getting to the end. And aside from the car getting cleaned out and car seat being placed (which we're doing this weekend)-- we've pretty much got everything else ready. Luke's diaper bag is packed. List is made for my bag to pack last minute. Bassinet is set and ready for "gook" (eli's name for luke). Bouncer is put together. House gets cleaned more regularly now-- in hopes that if I do go into labor it wont be a massive disaster at the house. A couple friends are "on call" to help with Elijah if I go into labor before our scheduled date and when help from grandma and oma will be here. I feel like we're really trying to enjoy this time as just the three of us. E is getting lots of attention and 1:1 time with Mama these days. Mama treated herself to a massage (and i could really use one every day until he decides to come... IF ONLY!) A much needed pedicure will happen hopefully in the next week or so... the toes have to be lookin' good! Life is good right now. We're anxiously waiting.. and every night I go to bed wondering if tomorrow will bring about labor and a baby... but we're happy. 

Looking forward to: {July 3rd!!} My appointment with my OB on thursday. There was talk about taking Luke even earlier than July 3rd-- but Im planning on going as long as I can to keep this baby healthier. We'll see what the OB says on thursday. I have a list of questions- literally. And plan on making sure I feel confident with the game plan before I leave his office that afternoon! :) Also excited for Colin's second fathers day. Elijah made him a special gift and if the weather is nice- we plan on going down to one of our favorite spots on the river to hang out. We've only gone there a couple times as a family.... but it will be fun and we'll probably pack a picnic or something and of course take lots of pictures. 




One blurry, but sweet photo of LT. 
:-) 
The blurry mess around his chin/neck is from the umbilical cord. 
I still like those cheeks though. 




No comments:

Post a Comment