Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hands Down... BEST daddy!

Today we celebrated Dada. 


Simply put: He's my best friend, my partner in life, and the best daddy I could have ever imagined for our two sweet boys. E and L are pretty lucky. They sure do have a fun lovin' daddy!! :-) Elijah's best friend is his dada. He adores him; always has. They are the best of buds. Many hours are spent rough housing, wrestling, playing with cars, talking about fishing, and learning about sports. There is a whole new love I have for my dear hubby after watching him become a daddy. He's the best leader for our family. 


If our boys turn out anything like their Dada... then I am one happy Mama!!! 


I don't want to forget to mention how grateful I am to his daddy, Papa Gerstner. He raised a great son who turned out to be a wonderful Man and even more amazing Dada. I always told Colin when we were dating that if he turned out like his dad then I would be happy! I think he did! :-) And, I think these 2 boys will learn to be like their daddy and Papa... and they will become great Gerstner men. 


Thankful also for my Dad and of course my grandpas.  I've been blessed by great men in my life and love that my 2 boys can have the good influence of Godly men who love their families and serve God with whole hearts. 


For Fathers Day 2012 we took a little hike down by the Bitterroot River. The water was SO high that Elijah couldn't get very close, but he did learn to love throwing rocks in the water and tossing pine cones around. I snapped a bunch of pics of Daddy and Son on our little adventure. So sweet to watch them explore God's creation hand in hand. 


e loved the pine cones! 






Keens: 
Like father, like son. 




Lovin' the puddles



Exploring with Daddy





My fav picture of my two favorite guys! 
Can't believe next year we'll add one more to the picture ;-)


Elijah's gift to daddy:
A new canvas art for his someday office... :-) 






No comments:

Post a Comment