Weeks: 36 Weeks
Size of baby: A watermelon!! :-) At my ultrasound today, Luke is estimated to weigh 6 pounds, 11 oz!
Maternity Clothes? YES. Anything comfortable. Pj's/lounge clothes as long as possible each day!
Sleep: It's ok. Some nights are worse than others. When I get a good nights rest, I'm definitely happy! Moving lots to get comfortable and up a couple times a night to pee.
Best Moment this week: Seeing Luke on another ultrasound. Little turd would NOT show us his face. So, we didn't get to see that. But confirmed he is still a HE. :-) It's the last time we'll look at him INSIDE the womb. Can't belive next time we'll be seeing him... we'll be meeting him and holding him and finally kissing those sweet cheeks! :)
Miss Anything? Having more energy or not hurting. Each day is a new day and some are better than others! But, I am getting tired of hurting and the hubby has made it clear that he's tired of massaging me ;-)
Movement: Still there! Some days less, but still getting the nudges and movements. No longer any kicks, just more like pushing out!
Food Cravings: Nothing specific. Hard to find things that "sound good". But snacking often since I don't eat as much at each meal. Ice cream is definitely a favorite lately!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!
Labor Signs: a lot of contractions- sometimes I start to think- I wonder if this is it. And, it never is! The doctor agreed that I will continue to have A LOT (lucky for me) and not to worry unless my water breaks. The bigger I get and the more over distended my uterus gets, I'll just keep getting them and not to worry! So, every night when the contractions start coming and some are even quite uncomfortable and cause me to pause mid sentence or grab my belly, I just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. :-) Still feeling a lot of uterine cramping throughout the day. I do have a crazy fear of my water breaking... I'm trying to not think about that much!
Symptoms: I think these have stayed the same every week: Contractions, cramping, shortness of breath, low energy, aching back and hips. This week my feet and legs started aching, as if I had run a marathon. They just hurt. But, not swelling so that's great! The nurse always comments on my "beautiful ankles". haha! At least I have that goin' for me. My belly is now measuring 43 weeks-- thats 3 weeks past the normal 40 week pregnancy!! And 7 weeks further than I should be. Craziness.
Belly Button In or Out? Even with the belly.
Wedding ring on or off? On, but very tight. Honestly. I think I'm afriad if I take it off I won't be able to get it back on! The hubs thinks maybe I should just take it off now, since I will want it off when we go to the hospital, just in case my hands swell even more after they pump all the fluids in me for the c-section. He's probably right!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I made it to 36 weeks. And if he comes he'll more than likely be just fine! I can't believe that no matter what, we'll be holding him in exactly 13 days!!! AH! I'm so very ready!! But the hubby and I did have a good laugh last night as we were sitting here in our quiet house after son #1 when to bed. We kind of let it sink in that soon it won't be so silent and we won't be able to relax and sleep when we want to-- we'll have a crying baby to look after. Yikes. Ready or not-- bring it on!
Looking forward to: {July 3rd!!} After my last appointment, it was decided that we'll just wait for our scheduled c-section at 38 weeks-- July 3rd-- unless of course I go into labor naturally before then! We aren't going to take Luke any earlier unless necessary, like if my water breaks. We are confident with the decision we made together with our OB. Toughing it out for a couple more weeks was worth it to make sure we have a healthy baby boy when we bring him into this world! And that date is getting closer and closer! 13 days! The countdown is ON! :-)
A couple more fun views of the ever growing belly.
I have less than 2 weeks to be proud of a big belly...
better enjoy it while it lasts :-)
My view of the belly.
HA!
Hilarious, if you ask me :-)
I lost my feet a LOOOOONG time ago.
Ok, I Kind of just look huge here in the next photo.
LARGE.
But, It shows just how much my belly pokes out.
On the plus side, I have gained only 1 more pound this pregnancy than I did with my first! Whoop! I didn't make my goal of only gaining 35 pounds, but I wasn't far off at all, and apparently with all the fluid the doctor says I'm lucky I didn't gain more!
Gotta rejoice in the little things! :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment