Thursday, August 2, 2012

We've Moved!!

What a whirlwind week!!!  WOW. We're all exhausted but happy! 

We're finally getting settled over here in our new digs and SO completely in love with being here!! We cannot say enough good things about it! We absolutely LOOOOVE having a house compared to an apartment. It's our first home (even though we're just renting it). We have our own space-- and it's a SERIOUS upgrade in the amount of actual space we have now. The boys have their own bedrooms- which are super cute, if I do say so myself. I have a big living room that can actually be a LIVING room, not just completely covered in toys and no room to walk. We love our beautiful kitchen (not to mention the dish washer!) We're getting to enjoy a dining room now too! Also, already have done our first load of laundry in our own washer/dryer after 3 years of using the public ones! Elijah is so happy with all the running around he can do in this big place and cannot get enough of the backyard!!! We're not totally done unpacking -- but we're getting there. It's just great and we're really happy to call this place HOME. :) 

I have SO much blogging to catch up on!! I've got pics ready to share from Luke's baptism, Luke's professional newborn photos (Which turned out AMAZING and I'm sad he already looks so much older and different) and our last days in Missoula. Also, just today, I took a break from unpacking to cuddle and do a little photo shoot with my sweet baby boy who turns ONE Month old tomorrow (When did THAT happen!?!) I can't wait to share some pictures of the house as soon as we're completely settled and all decorated here too! 

For now, I'll share a few pics from my cell I took over the last week! :-) 


First, here is the handsome hubby and I celebrating his completing the BAR Exam!
We went out on a date! (which ended up being a date with all his law buddies and their wives too!)
We left BOTH boys for the first time (Nana got to babysit and gave Lukey his 1st bottle!)
Such a fun night! 

Here's our TINY apartment filled with boxes. I wish the pictures showed how many boxes there were and how they were taking over our tiny living room. Stacked almost as high as Colin! We had SUCH great help moving from our parents and some friends! We couldn't have done it without them!!! 


Our last evening in Missoula consisted of a walk by the river with our sweet family (Oma & Nana joined us too!) and we all had yummy Ice Cream! 


Eli had to say goodbye to the big fish he loves to see when we walk by the river. 
And Luke got to meet them for the first time ;-) 


Luke got a new swing (thanks to our friends Ryan and Crystal!!)
He LOVES it and it's been a great help while we're unpacking and settling in. He'll sit for a long time just content swinging away. What a sweetie! He's been pretty good to us while we unpack as long as he gets fed every 3 hours, of course! 
 And, he gets lots of cuddles from family who have come to help unpack, too!  


To say Eli loves having a backyard is an understatement!
He LOOOOOOVES having a backyard. 
Space to run and play. He doesn't even have to go to a park to go down a slide and kick the ball around.  Also, it just so happens that our friends (and landlords) still have their chickens here for now. 
So-- he's been enjoying the chickens and gets a kick out of watching them! 


This kid is SO happy. I think he'll have a great time living here. He's been pretty fabulous during the move. He was completely off his schedule and exhausted the first couple days. But, he's taken it in stride and has enjoyed exploring his new home. He likes his new room a lot too! 
Much more space and it's all his own! 



Well, guess that's it for now! Hope to catch up with the blogging soon and share pictures of the new house! 

We're happy, tired, and very blessed! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment