Friday, August 10, 2012

Backyard Summer Fun

I think I've said this before, but Elijah LOVES the outdoors. He loves to run, play, and explore the world around him. Now that we have our own backyard we often hear the word "go?" and find Eli by the door asking to go outside. And there are very few times when we come inside that he isn't crying because we forced him to stop playing. We've all been enjoying the lazy summer days and playing outside is usually a part of them. It's so nice having our own backyard-- not sure I could ever go back to not having one (and hopefully we won't ever have to). Colin and I even enjoy a cup of coffee on the deck in the mornings when we can. 



One of the very sweetest moments caught on camera this week was E helping Daddy mow the lawn. We've never had a lawn to mow until now and I honesty wasn't sure if Eli would be afraid of it or try to help. It was one of the cutest scenes ever to look out the window and watch Eli pushing his lawn mower right along with Dada pushing his. SO. CUTE! Colin said he took the job very seriously and had the most serious expression on his face during the whole thing. He'd stop every once in a while to tinker with his little mower or "fix" it. He was seriously too adorable. 



He also loves the play structure out back. He's getting more bold with wanting to go down the "yellow". (which is the yellow slide). Side note: he's always been very descriptive with his words and explaining them by their color, but now he's also starting to just call the object by what color it is. For example, his green high chair is just now the "green". (which took us SO long to figure out what he was wanting when he asked for the "green"). And the slide is simply the "yellow".  




He decided he just might like the swings again! All summer in Missoula we tried to put him in the swings at the park and he would freak. Well, now he cried his eyes out when I made him get OUT of the swing! He was cracking up and loving it the other day. Such a fun sight to see. He's just SO HAPPY outside. And we love it!!! 








Luke also loves the backyard... he just doesn't show it as much. 

But he sure looks cute and he likes to look around :-) 







We put Gook in the Bumbo seat for the first time. While he didn't fight it or seem bothered... I'm not sure he was quite ready. He kept arching his back... but at least he wasn't falling forward either! He's just working on this ab strength! :) 




We're enjoying these summer days and I'm wishing they'd last forever. Although, one of us has GOT to start working since we're currently not making any income! I have loved just getting up and being relaxed in the morning, having Colin here to help with the boys, making breakfast together, and hanging out with no real plans most days. 
It's delightful! 

But, alas, bills have to be paid and Colin returns to work the end of August... and it won't be long until I have to go back to work too this fall. BOOO! We'll just not talk about that right now and keep putting that subject off. :-) 

For now, we're loving this sweet time together and know it will probably be the last time for a long time where neither of us is working! And, we've loved spending time with family and friends here in Billings. How awesome is it that I can just call my sisters and they'll come over to hang out in the evenings or that we can all enjoy a baseball game together or that Nana can come babysit in the afternoon so Colin and I can run some errands without the boys! SO lovely, I tell ya!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment