Monday, August 6, 2012

LT~ 1 month

Oh my Little luke.


 Where does the time go!? Your first month of life was a whirlwind month for your mama and dada. You were born on July 3rd and by August 1st we were moved to a new city and into a new home. You were a trooper during the move! Your first month flew by. I feel like I blinked and you were one month old. I was a little sad because I even realized I went an entire week without taking any pictures (this is NOT like me) and you change SO fast that I felt like I missed out on things. Even though I know this isn't true.
 You are SUCH a sweetie. I could seriously kiss your cheeks all day long. Your lips are so cute and you give some great sleepy smiles... I can't wait for the real ones!! You really are quite squishy and chunky and just perfectly perfect. Your skin is soft. You have the softest little fuzz head. You don't have too much hair, but just enough of this light brown-slightly blond soft hair. I have a feeling it might turn blonde... we'll see! Your eyes are looking bigger and bigger each day. Daddy and I were just commenting on how they didn't look too big like big brother eli's when you were born, but now they are starting to! Also, they are turning more blue each day. Right now they are a beautiful dark blue and I love them! Not sure if they'll stay that color though. Your umbilical cord fell off just a couple days shy of 3 weeks. You have such cute feet and long skinny toes. You are looking more like your big brother with each day. When you were born, I didn't see much of Eli in you. But now... now, I sometimes catch myself taking a second glance at you because you remind me SO much of Elijah in different ways. Overall, I think you still look a bit more like Mama where Eli takes after Dada. But you two brothers sure do look alike. We're lucky we have two cute boys!! :-)







 You are weighing in at 11.5 pounds (according to the bathroom scale) Holy moly-- you're a chunker! I remember Eli weighing just over 12 pounds at 2 months... and you're only 1 month old! You wear size 1 diapers, we moved you out of newborns at 3 weeks because they barely fit your belly and you were filling them up too fast! ;-) You still fit in a few select newborn clothes, but you're moving right along into 0-3 month clothes pretty perfectly right now. 





 You still like to eat, although we've hit a bit of a rough patch. You eat every 3 hours like clockwork during the day. So nice to have you on a schedule! You typically wake only 2 times during the night-- around 2 or 3 am and then again around 5-6 am. Right now though, you are dealing with some reflux, I believe. You always liked to eat and would gulp away-- which lead to some gas and air building up and tummy issues. But, they are getting worse and you really appear to be quite miserable sometimes. Evenings are the hardest. And, when you don't get a good feeding right before bed due to crying and tummy issues, you end up not sleeping well at night either so its a rough cycle. Feedings can be stressful when you want to eat, but you end up pulling off and crying and screaming. It's hard on you and hard on mama. We're working through it though! You obviously are getting enough, since you're pluming up nicely. But, its hard to see you in pain or uncomfortable. Hoping it's just a phase!! 




You are SO strong. You've been working on holding your head up since you were born. Even in the hospital I'd be holding you on my chest and you'd lift your head up and try to look up at me! People always comment how strong you are and how you can hold your head up and have pretty good control for only being 1 month old! It also makes you look older, I think We do tummy time each day and Big brother usually comes and joins us on the ground. 








You are starting to look at things more-- we brought out some high contrast black/white books and your eyes got huge! It was super fun watching you discover things. You're not quite ready for toys yet but we bring some out and work on getting you to see/track them. Soon enough you'll be playing on your play mat and reaching for the toys, I just know it. 





We love you Gook!! You are such a sweet blessing to us!! We love having you here with us. Elijah loves his baby brother. He loves giving you all kinds of kisses. He always asks for you when he wakes up from naps and sleeping. He gets concerned if you're crying and will come tell mama. He hasn't shown any real jealousy towards you and your joining the family has really been a smooth transition! We love our boys and couldn't ask for more right now!


 Happy 1 month... next month means you have to get those darn shots! 





No comments:

Post a Comment