Sunday, July 1, 2012

Our Last Day {A letter to my E}

So, there's this boy... 
He kinda stole my heart. 
And, he calls me MOM! 
<3 


My sweet E, 
Tomorrow is your last day as an only child. You are barely two years old and your little innoncent mind can hardly grasp what is about to come. Tuesday, your life will change forever. While giving you a sibling is something your daddy and I wanted very badly, it still gives your mama a sting of sadness tonight as I sit and reflect on the past two years I've had with you as my only child. We got complete one on one time with you as our only boy for 2 special years. I've cherished every moment. You are our world... and you always will be, now along with your little brother.  


Your world is about to get rocked for a while. While it might be a little rough at first, I know in the end you'll love being a big brother. Dada and I plan on giving you as much special attention as possible, even when the baby arrives. I hope we can still have our special "mama and e dates" and I pray that we'll always have a special bond. 


 I pray that you'll grow up to love, protect, and teach your little brother. I pray that you'll be the best of buds, partners in crime, and crazy rascals. I just know you two are bound to cause some mischief together, just please be easy on your Mama. ;-) And I pray that you'll grow up to be God fearing men, just like your Dada. 

"Go climb mountains. 
Jump in puddles. 
Swing from trees. 
Build forts. 
Read lots of books. 
Run barefoot. 
Watch the clouds.
 Run races. 
Sleep peacefully. 
And be gentlemen."


My wish for you is that you'll know you are always loved. You'll always be my baby. You'll always be my first born and the one who made me a Mommy.


So, I'm going to squeeze you a little harder tomorrow. I'm going to steal as many kisses as I can. I'm going to enjoy you climbing on me and sitting on my lap while we play and read. (Since this is going to hurt and not be possible for a while after my c-section). I'm going to smother you with loves and plan on enjoying having you to myself as an only child for this last day we have together.


I love you, E, to the moon and back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment