We recreated the "night before" picture in the same outfit by the same tree... just 2 years later!
Here is mama the night before Elijah was born- June 2010
Here is mama the night before Luke was born- July 2012
Wow! It really shows the difference in Mama's belly :-)
On July 3, 2012 we woke up bright and early at 4 AM and got to the hospital by 5:30 AM. Mama, Dada, and Oma all went together. Nana and big brother Eli were going to join us later! We were welcomed with smiles and everyone was excited that it was your birth day. The day had FINALLY come and we were SO very excited!! Mama answered a million questions, an IV was started, and we sat there listening to your sweet hearbeat on the monitor. All I could think was how in just a short very time we would be LOOKING at you and HOLDING you. How amazing! It was fun to watch the monitor as it picked up the many contractions your mama was having. I had been having them ever since about halfway through the pregnancy and some were actually quite uncomfortable/painful. It was so interesting to watch them on the monitor and the nurses asked if I had been feeling them-- which of course I said yes. I have been all along but nothing ever came of them. So- here we are today! Goin' in to get you since you hadn't come on your own yet!
Finally the time came and the nurse walked me to the OR. Mama was a little nervous for the spinal but it went perfectly. For some reason though the emotion of the entire day just hit me while they were laying me down on the table. I began to cry. Not sob, but just had tears coming down my cheeks as I realized the reality of what was about to happen. We'd waited and waited and now within just a few minutes I'd be seeing you. I couldn't wait for Daddy to come in the room and join me. He finally got there and came right to my side and immediately asked how I was. He held my hand and we looked at each other knowing that our lives were about to change forever. My doctor was wonderful and kept his cheerful spirit during the time he was getting you out. He talked to me and even joked a bit to keep the mood light. Before I knew it they said you were coming. I looked at Daddy and told him to stand up and watch you be born! I longed to be able to see my baby coming into this world-- something with 2 c-sections-- I sadly will never experience. But, Daddy did a great job at taking lots of pictures so I could look at them and see the moment you came out! You came out and cried right away. It was faint and gurgly, but I cried hearing that sweet soft cry and knowing you were ok. The main thing I remember is Daddy leaning down and looking at me right after you came out-- his eyes were filled with tears and I knew he was beaming under the mask. I smiled and told him to go with you to the table. I wanted him to be by your side. I listened as they kept you crying and heard the nurses talking about having to suction you because of the extra fluid in your lungs. They gave you some oxygen as well, but they kept saying you were doing good. Daddy cut the cord and took a bunch of pictures! I listened carefully to let it all soak in. I wanted to hear you cry and I also wanted to hear everything they were saying about you. I remember hearing the nurses announce your weight- Eight pounds, Eleven ounces. I couldn't believe it! I didn't think you would be more than 7 pounds! You were big and healthy and perfect. I longed for them to bring you to me... and finally, they did. They pulled back my gown and placed you directly on my chest. It was simply... breathtakingly amazing. There is no other way to put it. I touched your cheek and pulled back your hat to see your hair. Brown. Light brown little fuzzy hair. I looked at Daddy and cried. We finally got to see you, to look into your eyes, see your hair, and kiss you chubby cheeks.
Off we went to the Recovery room. I loved that I got to hold you so much. They let me have you right away. I was nauseous and sick but didn't even care. I just wanted to hold you close. Daddy went to tell Oma that you were here and we were both healthy and good! I knew she was super anxious waiting for the news. We stayed in recovery for a while just loving the chest cuddles and kissing you over and over. :) I wanted to feed you as soon as possible and you surprised me so much by latching right on and eating for a whole 20 minutes! I was soooo happy. It was an answer to my prayers, I prayed you would be a good eater, and boy, you are! :-)
We got to finally leave the recovery room and they wheeled us to our post partum room. I was so happy that I got to hold you the whole way. Our family was anxiously waiting news of your arrival. We sent out messages to friends and family saying our baby boy had finally arrived. We were elated and couldn't wait to introduce you to the world.
Luke Terence Gerstner * 8 pounds * 11 oz * 21.25 inches long
PERFECT!
Skin to skin bonding with Mama & Dada
We were also so excited to introduce you to your big brother, Elijah. We had been talking to Eli for the past several months about Baby Luke. He refers to you as "gook" and loved kissing Mama's belly when you were inside. We were anxious to see his reaction when he finally met you and kissed YOU instead of just Mama's big belly. You two are exactly 2 years and 9 days apart. We know you are going to best buddies and partners in crime. Big Brother Eli came to the hospital just a few hours after you were born. His reaction was priceless. He was a little unsure at first, but soon he couldn't get enough of you. He kept wanting to see baby gook, touch your cheeks, and kissed you a lot. It was adorable to watch him figure out that you really are here!! Mama loved watching both her boys bond. What a precious gift to be the mama to two sweet little guys :-)
Kisses for Gook
Proud Big Brother:
Wearing the same shirt he wore when we anounced we were expecting! :-)
Big Brother Eli's gift to baby gook-- his own blankie!
Kisses All Around
Luke. Gook. Little Luke. Lukey. LT. Lukey Boy: In the almost 2 weeks since you've joined our family you already have some great nick names. You are so so so precious. Mama can't stop wishing that time would just SLOOOOOW down. You eat like a champ. You love to sleep. You only cry when you have a gas bubble or you want to eat. You are content. You love to look around and are so alert during your awake periods. Your cheeks are the most kissable cheeks ever.
My little guy, you are so very, very loved.Your mama and dada adore you. Even big brother can't get enough of you. You make our sweet little family complete. We are so incredibly thankful for you. You are a precious little miracle and can't wait to watch you grow.
Lil' brother :)
"I'll like you forever,
I'll love you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."










No comments:
Post a Comment