One of the many things we prayed about while waiting for our second little boy is that he would have a good friendship and bond with his big brother. We tried our hardest to help Eli prepare for a baby brother and he has adapted SO well to his new role of being big brother. Even at barely 2 years old he has done fabulous with the transition of not being the only child anymore. He's a bit more whiney at times, but for the most part has not shown real jealousy and actually really ikes his baby brother! He loves Luke. And we're so happy! Elijah always asks for Gook when he wakes up. He loves to kiss him and pats his head. He helps us burp him at times too. We've already caught him trying to "play" with his little brother by driving cars on his head. :-) I cannot wait to watch their relationship grow and see them get closer. I know they'll be best buddies and it will be fun when Luke is old enough to play with Eli, instead of being played on. There are a few times we have to tell Eli to "be gentle" but for the most part he does great with baby gook.
Big Brother and Lil Brother
Goodnight Kisses from Big Bro
Silly big brother in gook's seat
Tummy Time with Baby Luke!
Brotherly Love!!
Ok, now for my thoughts on having 2 kids: (After my big 2 weeks of experience, that is. HA!)
Honestly the transition from one kid to two has not been that hard! (Or, as hard as we thought it might be) We had some great help for the first two weeks when Mama was recovering and we came home from the hospital. But we've been on our own now for a few days and it's going great! Mama is pretty much back to normal and feeling really good-- even though her doctor told her to take it easy and not over due it (which, he said includes too much packing and working and over doing it!) We have a pretty good routine and its been going smoothly.
It helps that both boys are on good schedules... such a blessing! :) It makes life so much easier! Eli is a great napper (3-4 hours every afternoon) and still sleeps 11-12 hrs at night and it seems like Lukey is falling right into his brother's footsteps! We all eat lunch and then take naps together in the afternoons. How perfect is that? LT has been a great eater since day one (yay!) and is also a fabulous sleeper (whoop!). We really are lucky :-) Luke eats his last feeding of the day around 9 at night and we both go to bed while Daddy stays up and studies. He then wakes around 1-2 am and again at 5-6 am. Then he's on a very consistent every 3 hour feeding schedule during the day. I can plan things/outings around the boys' schedules and it works out SO great! I have yet to go grocery shopping or things like that with both boys on my own, but I think it would be ok. At least, I'm still optimistic!
I recently have confessed a few things to the hubby which include:
1) I absolutely loooove having a baby again. It's my favorite!
2) I'd take a newborn over a toddler almost anyday! Toddlers are the hard ones!!
3) The transition was not as hard as I thought... maybe we should just go for 3 kids.
4) While snuggling my baby, I looked at Colin and said I REALLY just don't think he can be my last!
5) And, i just REALLY don't want to go back to work. I so love being a stay at home mommy and think it's what I was meant to do :-)
Sleepy baby smiles caught on camera!!
LOVE!
LT at 2 weeks:
I can't believe our Little Luke is 2 weeks old. Time needs to seriously slow down. I hate how time flies once your babies are born. It's going way too fast for me. Colin even said he couldn't believe Luke has been here now for 2 weeks! Crazy. He's a dream baby so far and we LOVE having him here. Honestly, I can't imagine life without him. He just fits right in. At two weeks he weighs in well past his birth weight at 9 pounds 5 oz. (he's a chunky boy compared to our skinny Eli) And he's now 21.5 inches. He's still dealing with some jaundice which makes him appear quite yellow (mostly seen in pictures) but the pediatrician is confident it will slowly go away since he's eating like a champ. He pretty much only cries when he's hungry and he wants his milk (which he loves). He can get a tiny bit fussy when he's gassy. Between the gas and the spitting up, poor fella gets an upset tummy sometimes. But, he handles it well. Every night he has his fussy period as well, but all it takes is a little extra mommy's milk and cuddling and he's just fine :-) Plus, Mama loves the special night time cuddles we get after big brother goes to sleep and we just rock in our chair together. It's such a special bonding time. One thing we've noticed at 2 weeks, he's starting to look more like big brother. I didn't see it at all when he was born. But, in some pictures now I see a lot of Elijah. It's fun to watch him change, but I also hate how fast he is changing! Just gotta cherish each day :-)
Little Brother :)
Luke in the belly...
Luke finally out in the world :)


No comments:
Post a Comment