Daddy is Elijah's best friend. We all know that by now. If there is one thing the kid loves more than dogs or cars.... it's definitely his daddy. They are best buds. I love their love for each other. As busy as Colin has been through Law School and as crazy it has been having a baby in the middle of it all... Colin never once forgot what's most important to him. Family. He always said he would put his family first, and he has! He received a great compliment the other day from a fellow law student who said something to fact of "You're the most well-rounded student in Law School. Not only are you married, but you had 1 kid before your second year and you're getting ready to welcome a second baby this summer. All while still being able to work and continuing to stay at the top of our class." I know Colin won't brag, so I'll do the bragging for him. He is AMAZING. He has been the world's best husband and the best daddy ever. All this while still staying in the top 10 of his Law class. How often do you find that? Some students are single or have less responsibility and yet he's still doing better in the classes. He's the hardest worker I know. He's as passionate about fatherhood and being a husband as he is about becoming an attorney. I have no doubts that this will not change. Even when he's in the middle of being a big bad lawyer... I still believe he'll keep God and his family first. Just like he said he always would. Ok, I don't want to keep bragging about my handsome hubby because I know I plan on doing it all over again when I blog about how incredibly proud I am of him in just a few weeks when he graduates!!!!
So, back to Elijah and Daddy being best friends. When Mama works her night shifts they spend their evenings walking, exploring, playing, watching baseball and doing men things. On Saturday morning while Mama slept- they snuck away for a little hike. They are so much alike. In fact, in one of the pictures of Eli, all I see is Colin. What a good relationship they have!! I found these pics on the computer from their hike and wanted to share them on the blog!
Thank you Colin for putting God and family first, all the while staying at the top of your law school class. We are so very proud of you and thankful that God has brought you into our family. We love you!
ReplyDelete