Monday, March 21, 2011

~Simply Irresistible~

9 months ago today I knew the day my baby would be born. It was June 21st, I had been having pretty consistent and uncomfortable contractions since the night of the 19th. I had a doctor's appointment the morning of the 21st and it was discovered that despite all the contractions... I was not dilating, I was huge, my baby was expected to be quite large, and my blood pressure was creeping up. All of these things together made my midwife schedule us in for an induction. She told me to be prepared of it "not working and a potential ceserean d/t my body maybe being unable to dilate" I left the appointment not sad, but happy to know the end was in sight and I would finally meet my precious little man. We were to start the induction process on the 23rd and my boy would likely make his appearance on the 24th- and he did! In 3 days... he will be 9 months old!


Sweet Eli has been blessing our lives everyday since!! I LOVE my life being a mom. I may be a full time RN, but I'm more importantly a full time MOM. On my days off I get to "play" SAHM (stay at home mom) something I dream of getting to do for Real someday! I enjoy my days off, but they honestly fly by, and I feel like I'm just trying to catch up (with laundry, cooking, cleaning, and more importantly cuddling) before I go back to work on Wednesdays. Going to work with never get easier. My heart is always at home when I leave and I'd always rather be with my boy then away from him at work. I feel like I just get going on my days off and before I know it, it's over. I love my time playing, reading, and chasing after my boy. We love our days together, try to make the most of them, and we're always excited when Daddy gets home in the evenings for dinner and hanging out! 


Elijah is doing fantastic! Finally healthy and sure is fast these days and into everything. We don't have a big place, and when 2 of the rooms are immediately taken away from his exploring (the bathroom and the kitchen) he barely has anywhere to go. He does what we call laps all day long. From the living room down the tiny hallway to his books and his room and back to the livingroom. His favorite "game" to play is crawling to his books and pulling them out. He also tries endlessly to get into the kitchen, but we're sticking it out and staying strong in saying No and pulling him back to the living room. He sure is busy- and I love it. I'm so happy for warm weather to be here... some day it will come and stay for good! The news just said there's a winter weather advisory for tonight- YUCK! We have the stroller all set up in his nursery ready for us to go out for walks as soon the sun shows itself again, so very ready for this!! :)


Today we enjoyed playing and I worked on making lots of baby food. Eli has been going through a serious 9 month growth spurt and we're trying to keep up with his hungry demands! My tiny freezer has been taken over by his baby food-- it barely fits! This afternoon Eli got to have a long, fun bath time (one of his favorite things to do!) and allowed me to take some 9 month pics of him. He is SO difficult to photograph now. He moves all the time, crawling away from me and easily distracted by anything! When Colin is around he helps get his attention and brings out way more smiles. I didn't get a lot of smiley photos, but some adorably cute serious ones! His 9 month appointment actually isn't until mid-April but I'll be sure to post his stats of weight and height when I find out because I'm so anxious to see how much he's grown!!! 

Bubble Bath Boy




Aunt La La gave E a big puppy- we've named him Rex



Silly Faces

Standing on mama and daddy's bed looking out the window



Still cute- even when he refuses to smile


My little fuzz head- always on the go


Napping Boy



My love bug


E's feet are still so cute- gotta love his toes!


Our Feet Together

E still trying to pull himself up to stand on his own


He Loves his books!


I guess even with the pouty face...


he is still Simply Irresistible!! 

1 comment:

  1. Elijah is so adorable, Jacki!!! He sure is getting big and his pictures are becoming very expressive. I can see he is quite active! :)

    ReplyDelete