Friday, March 4, 2011

Life Is Precious

The past few days I have been pretty dang sick. The kind of sick where you don't want to move, your head wants to explode, and your entire body aches. I was one of 4 nurses so far in our facility that have come down with flu-like symptoms. I had to miss work but desperately needed the rest! Since thursday morning, I've slept over 22 hours. EEK! My body needed the sleep and is still recovering... but I did manage the energy to shower and actually play with my little man tonight. I'm thankful for a loving husband who is busy with law school, but amazing enough to completely care for me and E while I couldn't find the energy to move from the couch last night. Again, I am blessed.

Anyways, over the past couple days when I wasn't sleeping, I spent some time reading a blog (of a woman who I don't know, but feel like I know her after reading about her heart breaking experience of unexpectedly losing her 4 month old daughter just 2 weeks ago). My heart absolutely aches for her. As I watch my little man joyfully playing on the ground, I can't help but cry on the inside for this lady and the pain she's experiencing. I cannot imagine losing my son. After reading through her heartfelt stories of pain but also glimpses of hope, I kept thinking how completely thankful I am for my husband, my son, and my entire family. Life is precious. After we put Elijah to sleep last night, Colin and I stood in the door just watching him sleep, watching him breath, and praising God for our sweet blessing and this life he's given to us.

Life is precious. I kept repeating this phrase this afternoon as I watched my sweet cherub playing, crawling, and smiling over and over. God is Good. One bit of advice that the dear girl from the blog shared was to Take pictures. Every day. Take pictures. Because, you just never know.... you just never know!

 So this evening, after I finally showered and mustered up a little bit of energy... I played with my sweet lovie and guess what? I took pictures. I took videos. I loved on him. I clapped with him. I fed him. I smiled and laughed with him. I kissed him and I hugged him. My heart bursts with adoration for this little man. It simply cannot be put into words.

So, my word of advice to everyone tonight: Go tell those close to you that you love them. Kiss them and hold them. Because you just never know...

So, without further ado- here's what my sweet Eijah was up to tonight-

He's in love with playing with his car seat. 
Don't ask me why- he just loves to grab it, tip it over, play in and on it. 






Pushing out his Full belly- 
making sure everyone knows his AUNT(S) Rock :-)

Enjoying some Yummy Yams!

I don't know why.. but I LOVE this picture. 
Dinner is Good!

Bib Auntie Liz gave him- "Pirate in Training"


He loves crawling to the kitchen where we don't want him going...
for now, he's not quite smart enough to
 crawl through the chair maze we make. 
He usually gets stuck or just stops when
 he gets to legs of the table or chairs.

Mastering this whole crawling thing... 
and pretty much into anything he can grab now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment