Sunday, March 6, 2011

Project "Get the Gerstner's Healthy"

Here are a few pics of E playing yesterday with his drum. He got the drum as a Christmas present from his Great Grandpa Haan, but just now is figuring out how cool it is! He loves to hit the top and watch it light up and play music! :) He's also showing off his "Dad Thinks I'm RAD" shirt and of course the mohawk! What a lil' stud muffin! Wonder if he'll be a musician? 
Sure does love music!




OK- an explanation to the title of this post:
A friend coined this phrase, "get the gerstner's healthy" when I posted something on my facebook alluding to the fact we're sick AGAIN. Yep. You heard me. Again. We cannot seem to get healthy in this house. Well, when I say "we" I mainly mean Eli and myself. Apparently, we're just taking turns being sick and sharing our germs back and forth. Between the two of us, in the past 3 months we've had it all- the stomach flu, RSV, bronchitis, common colds, endless snotty noses, coughing non stop, the pukes and the aches. Fun-fun I tell ya! I am finally starting to feel more normal and Eli had been better... until today. We woke E up this morning finding him covered (and I mean covered in puke). He seemed to be in a happy mood so I continued getting us ready for church chalking the puking up to possibly eating too much last night for dinner. He was laughing and clapping in my bed watching me get ready and I figured church was totally doable and we'd just sit in back and leave if we needed. This all was fine and dandy until I was holding him before his bath and up came his breakfast. EVERYWHERE. He even managed to get it into our closet and on our clean clothes, in my shoes, and all over the ground. So- the decision was immediately made not to go to church today. Instead, we were staying home and starting the process of disinfecting this house!


Hours later and lots of teamwork- our house was finally deep cleaned! The toys were all disinfected in a bath tub of hot water and bleach, the mounds of laundry and crib bedding were washed and dried. The hubs snuck out this afternoon to do some grocery shopping while I continued slaving away and we finally accomplished step one of getting us healthy!


For the most part, Eli is still in a pretty good mood, just a little more needy with a slight temp. But, he sure is quite the helper these days.... exploring anything and everything he can get into! He enjoyed his bath tonight, found where we kept the books, and even "helped" daddy study. Now, I'm feeling completely drained after working hard all day- here's to hoping for a healthy week this week! :)
First- a glass of red wine and some tv time after the little man goes to sleep....



E discovered where we keep his books- 
this might be his new favorite spot in the house...
Next to the "forbidden" kitchen, that is.


After a bath he "helped" daddy study... 
more like a cute distraction who only wants 
to steal the book and highlighters to chew on.

We did get to video chat with Oma and Opa today- which is always one of our favorite things to do on Sunday afternoons. Oma had asked if E was pulling himself up to a standing position yet, to which I answered "not really, but he can get to his knees, and sometimes puts one foot up." 

Well... then I found him like this tonight and had to capture this pic:

I guess you could say I found him standing on his own...
he might not get the whole "standing up straight" part yet. :)


Mr. Curious.

My Goodness I love this boy!

Goodnight! 




No comments:

Post a Comment