Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A little Update

I've been meaning to blog for days now.... been so busy!

We got the awesome opportunity to go home for a VERY quick but much needed trip to see family this weekend. So short, as in, down to Billings Saturday and back to Missoula Sunday. Little sleep, a baby completely off his schedule, and the hubby now stressing and way busy catching up with school work and studying... but all in all... it was definitely worth it! It was so nice to able to spend Colin's birthday with family and they treated us well! We loved getting to celebrate Blake's birthday with everyone. Every time I go back, I don't want to leave. But, I'm thankful for the weekend we had together... and already looking forward to Colin's spring break- the first week of April- when we can return for a little longer visit! :)

I *think* we are all healthy now. I sure do hope so. No puke since Saturday morning. Let's hope it stays that way for a while!! Elijah is doing well... but suffering from some dang separation anxiety... leaving me exhausted and wishing he wouldn't cry every time I put him down. He even had a tough time in Billings- leaving Oma and the rest of the family without the cuddles and holding they all so desperately wanted. He did allow a little, which I guess is better than nothing. Sometimes I feel defeated... or like I've got a seriously needy baby and wish I was the mom who didn't have the crying baby every time someone else holds him. BUT- I also try to remember that this is completely normal for this stage in his development. He is just like other kids at this age... dealing with separation anxiety, and consequently only wanting their momma's. It's precious to know that I can make him quiet so fast and he almost immediately calms down and sucks his thumb when I hold him, but I also want to teach him that he's fine without me holding him and that I'm not leaving for good when I just walk into the other bedroom. I adore his smiles and the way he's happy when I'm with him, but it wears me out not being able to leave the room without dealing with his complete breakdown. Ah- all part of parenthood.  And Honestly, even with the crying, I wouldn't have it any other way. He sure does light up our lives!

 He's going to be 9 months old in 9 days. I cannot believe it. It's going by too fast... but we're loving all the stages so far. It's just leaving his mama wanting another baby so badly. I see other babies or newborns and think to myself "I want that again". I love his crawling, jabbering, laughing, clapping, happy little 8 month old self. But I miss the sweet cuddles of a newborn just sleeping on my chest needing nothing more than to be swaddled and held close. Hmm... now daddy just needs to finish school so we can add to this Gerstner gang we're creating and I can be the stay at home mama I always wanted to be. :-) E keeps us busy and I'm so blessed to have him and I want to take this time to enjoy him as an only child, continue enjoying my marriage to my amazing husband, and know that God has the perfect timing for everything in our lives.

Ok, sorry for the rambling post there. I've just had so many thoughts and so much to say lately. More importantly, here are some pics of us lately...


I got a "stimulus check" from work this past month. 
I'm not sure why we got the stimulus check,
but when the government is giving you free money,
you don't complain! :)
Here's how we stimulated the economy:

Eli got a brand new fancy high chair. 
It's espresso wood and has different "stages" to the chair
so it grows/changes with him and his needs as he grows.

Daddy got a present in the mail: Eli just enjoyed playing in the box!

At home in Billings we went out to dinner-
we enjoyed Rib & Chop house- Yummy!
Eli tried a lemon wedge and decided he LOVED it!
Here he is chomping away

Daddy celebrated his 25th Birthday.
So glad he's in our lives- E and I sure are lucky! :) 

Auntie Jess and Eli throwin' back some drinks! 

Happy Birthday Colin! 
We love you to pieces.

For Blake's Birthday we went bowling!

Maybe someday Elijah will be a big bowler like his uncles Jake and Blake!


Mama's Boys. 

On Monday March 14th, we celebrated my dear friend Jacque's birthday
This is Jacque and her Libby (7 months old) 

She may be a month and 10 days younger..
but she's got him beat by about 4 pounds! :)
I love this pic- wish my boy was looking. He was distracted by
all her pink and flower on her head!

We enjoyed pedicures with our little one's on our laps

Eli was the only man in the salon, but he was ok with that! 
;-)

Here are the kiddos playing together

Love their silly faces! 

My beautiful boy.

How can you not adore this face and those amazing eyes!?

No comments:

Post a Comment