I can say a few things on how I'm feeling at this point about my job and this phase of life:
1) leaving my own babies to go to work will NEVER be easy or fun
2) Even though I hate leaving them, I do know they are in amazing hands. (thanks, Nana!)
3) Nana does more than I could ever ask for and we're SO completely blessed. Watching the boys, picking up the house, making dinner for us, and doing dishes all while I'm either sleeping for night shift or working day shift-- best. gift. ever.
4) There is NOTHING better than coming home to all my guys excited to see me.
5) Work is challenging in SO many ways-- yet very fulfilling, as well.
6) I appreciate my hubby who works 5 days a week and never complains.
7) My baby fever is no better working with sweet lil' babes all the time. My husband was wrong when he thought it might help it. ha!
8) I have so much to learn and still feel so very overwhelmed. I'm working on gaining more confidence each day.
9) I will grow in many ways as a nurse, mother, woman, friend, and daughter of the King through this great job.
10) My baby boy looks HUGE when I come home. I swear he gets bigger every day I leave him. (Maybe it has something to do with the extra food he's eating with solids-- and mostly the fact that I work with 3 pound premie babies)
11) I'm thankful for a job. Especially a job I like.
12) I truly feel like God has a special plan for me in this career and I feel like I can make a difference in the lives of those I care for.
13) I absolutely LOVE being there when a child is born. I literally tear up every time at the miracle of LIFE.
14) I adore my boys even more and thank God every day they are healthy.
15) I enjoy my job, but super sick babies still scare me SO much. And this is something I need to become more comfortable with since I will be caring for them.
16) I'm scared for the day I lose one of my patients, but trust that God can use me at that time to show HIS love to those involved.
17) I'm so thankful for a husband who constantly encourages me and enheartens me when I'm nervous and unsure of my confidence in this job.
18) I cherish my days off with my kiddos so very much and can say I'm still never really ready to go back to work each week.
19) I'm thankful for dear friends and family who cheer me on in this new role.
20). Last but not least, I'm happy. I'm one happy mama who loves her boys. I'm blessed. I have the BEST support system in my family and friends. I love my husband and thank God for this man in my life.
I seriously feel like I'm doing what I'm meant to be doing: Being a wife, mother, and nurse.
In other words- Being a mama to my own babies and a nurse to others.
When I was putting my sweet 2 year old to bed last night he asked "mama go work with babies!?". I was so excited when I could say, "no, I'm staying here with you tonight" and hugged him a bit tighter.
But I thought to myself- I'm happy that I do have a job that I love. And, for that, I'm thankful.
Here's a link to a little insight to the sweet babes I work with all day (or night) long: http://ittybittyportraits.com/blog/nicu-photography-happy-halloween
NICU babies pics by Itty Bitty Portraits. Adorable, right?
Ok. Well, there's a little update on how this workin' mama thing is going these days. The working days are long and the days at home always go by too fast. But life is good. Thank God for all the lil' babies in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment