Wednesday, November 7, 2012

LT's First Cereal

Holy cow. My baby boy is only 4 months old and he's already starting solids. I didn't intend to start so early, but he really was showing signs that he was ready (and hungry!) We didn't start with Eli till after 5 months-- and even then he didn't take to it very fast and by 6 months he was barely getting the hang of it and taking much in. 

But, his baby brother. He's a different story. We got the go-ahead from his pediatrician to feed him solids-- starting with cereal-- and giving him whatever as he tolerates it. 
I couldn't believe how much he LOVED it. I didn't expect much the first feeding-- but with little mess and figuring out that dang tongue thrust reflex and swallowing instead of spitting it out--he ate that oatmeal and loved it. By the second feeding he was lunging for the spoon and acted like he wanted more when it was gone. It was so fun and very cute, I might add. This lil' boy just loves his food. And I have a feeling he'll be a great eater... I mean, he has been since day one ;-) He's chunky and content as long as he's fed. So, we'll stick with oatmeal for a while and then in a few weeks (Maybe just in time for Thanksgiving?!?) we'll give him his first veggie! :) 

So fun! It's just another way to say how quickly time is flying... and I love it... but it also reminds me how he's changing and growing too fast for my liking. When I reported to Colin how great Luke ate he texted back "Already trying solids.. where has the time gone??" And I may or may not have responded to that text saying....
"I KNOW! I want another ;-)" 

But... I digress......


So, here's some uber cute pictuers of a squishy lil' guy sitting in his bumbo enjoying his very first tastes of oatmeal. Get ready for some cuteness overload. I'm not sure it gets much cuter than some of these.....













YUM! 



Happy Boy ....
I think he liked it! 



"Um... Mom? Can I get some more of that good stuff??"







No comments:

Post a Comment