***Our Family of Five: A circle of strength and love. Founded on faith...joined in love... kept by God... Forever Together***
Monday, November 5, 2012
Fall Walk to Feed the Quack Quacks
This post a little late. But two Saturdays ago we enjoyed a gorgeous, crisp fall morning as a little family exploring the outdoors. After a big pancake breakfast (we enjoy those whenever we can!) we decided to head out for a walk at Riverfront Park. The colors were gorgeous. The weather was chilly, but perfectly "fall". And we had a blast. Eli discovered the "quack quacks" (ducks) that just LOVED him (since he was giving them bread). They swarmed toward us as soon as we got out of the car. I honesty wasn't sure if E would be scared or timid-- but he was the opposite. He was so excited and kept saying "quack quack!" and running to them and smiling. After going through the half loaf of bread be brought we pulled him away from the ducks and went on a walk around the pond. The leaves were awesome. Baby Luke enjoyed the walk too- so much so he fell asleep- and he was only awake for a few minutes of it :-) We made it all the way around the pond just in time for TONS of geese to fly in. There were so many of them, and they were so noisy! Eli would proclaim "look! goose!" We watched them fly to the water and E had to go see the ducks up close again (this time, they were sleepy and didn't swarm us like before). He said bye bye to the quack quacks and we left to get some grub. What a fun fall morning. It's one I'll always fondly remember. Eli's first time feeding the ducks (we'll have to go back many more times!!) and a perfectly fall morning spent doing what i love best- being with my 3 favorite guys. <3 I also had the chance to snap a bunch of pics and take a short video. I seriously wish I would have had my video ready when Elijah FIRST saw the ducks. It was priceless and he was so happy. This is a bit later, he is still excited but pretty focused on just feeding the ducks. He keeps going back to colin for more pieces of bread! :-)
We pulled up and the ducks seriously swarmed us!
E just ran towards them and loved it!
Dada showing E how to feed the ducks!
Luke awake for about 2 minutes on the walk :)
Check out those cheeks!!
I don't know why, exactly.
But I am in LOVE with this picture.
Love when I get some Smiles from Mr. E
My best friend.
Exploring.
A picture that doesn't look like anything special in particular,
but I still love the simplicity of it.
Dada was teaching E how to put his hand in his pockets to stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment