Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Twenty Six & Thankful

It's that time of year-- to focus on being THANKFUL.

I love that my birthday is so close to Thanksgiving-- one of my favorite Holidays! I love that I can pause and focus on the past year and all that I have to be thankful for. I am SO blessed! I can't believe that I'm 26-- and while celebrating yesterday I remembered that this time of year is so amazing. Fall, family, birthday, holidays, and most of all just being thankful. For my birthday, I wanted to stop and share 26 things that I'm thankful for this year. 

1) I am thankful that I am a daughter of the King.
2) I am thankful that I was born to parents who taught me to follow God and raised me in a home full of faith and values. 
3) I am thankful for my sibs- My big sisters and baby brother- who are also some of my very best friends. I don't know where I'd be without them by my side laughing and praising through good and crying and supporting eachother through the bad. 
4) I am thankful for my best friend, my husband. I am honored to be his wife.
5) I am thankful for my boys who light up my life so very much.
6) I am thankful that I have the opportunity to be three things that I absolutely love: a Wife, a MOM and a Nurse. 
7) I am thankful for a job I really enjoy and feel that I can make a difference in people's lives.
8) I am thankful for a home, a warm shelter, and place to raise my kids in. 
9) I am thankful for the most amazing in laws I could ask for who have always treated me like one of their family. 
10) I am thankful for such dear friends who are just like family.
11) I am thankful for my health-- and the health of my family.
12) I am thankful for church family- both at All Souls Missoula And RMCC. 
13) I am thankful for seasons of Montana and absolutely love where we live. 
14) I am thankful my smart, hard working husband has a great job doing what he loves.
15) I am thankful for the opportunity to go on multiple mission trips serving those who aren't as fortunate.
16) I am thankful for albinism-something I never even gave thought to before- and the genes that made my boy the AMAZING way he is. Without this, I wouldn't have the community of friends we've met or true appreciaition I have for the special way God creates each and every one of us.
17) I am thankful for the miracle of life-- and the oppotunity I get to watch babies be born into this world each day at work!
18) I am thankful for the gift of SIGHT. Something I took for granted until my sweet innocent child was born without it. 
19) I am thankful for a savior who loves me SO much to die for a sinner like me. 
20) I am thankful for 3 sets of beautiful blue eyes (each a different shade) that look at me each day and give me smiles, kisses, hugs, and tell me they love me. 
21) I am thankful for food-- something many in this world have to go without but we are lucky to feast at this time of year and often don't reflect on how priveledged we are. 
22) I am thankful for education and ability to go to school and get a degree in something I am proud of and can help support my family with while doing something I love.
23) I am thankful for technology- and the ability to keep in touch and share pictures and stories with family and friends who live far away. 
24) I am thankful for a warm bed to sleep in every night, something so easily taken for granted by many.
25) I am thankful for foster care and the ability to help take in many kids who made a difference in our lives-- which lead us to getting Blake... the sweetest soul and best big brother ever. 
26) I am thankful for 26 beautiful years of life and pray that I can have many, many more.

Here are some recent pictures of the things I'm most thankful for in my life: My sweet little family. 


Turkey Butt

Griz Guys


Gorgeous Eyes.


Best Friend


Sweet, sleepy Boys


Huge Grins!


Bath Time Shenanigans!


Sweet Baby Boy


Birthday Forzen Yogurt with my favorites


And, my littlest who looks like his Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment