This post is just for you, Baby Mine...
This song has always been a favorite of ours. We listen to it often on your lullaby cd. For some reason this week, it brought tears to my eyes. And the meaning really hit home. I was singing to you before bed one night. Your head laying on my shoulder, holding your blankie, and sucking your thumb. Your other arm was wrapped around my neck. As I sang the words to this song they hit me. Next thing I know tears are coming down my face while the words come out of my mouth....
"Baby mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes....
Let your eyes sparkle and shine, never a tear, baby of mine."
It hit me like a ton of bricks.
"Baby Mine"
I'm scared for the time you come home to tell me someone made fun of your hair, your eyes, or anything else about you.
"Little one, when you play.
Don't you mind what they say"
I cringed thinking of the words kids might use to make fun of you. And, I feared the terms they might use against you, terms we try not to use at all.
"If they knew sweet little you,
they'd end up
loving you too."
I prayed that you would love yourself and thank God for making you just as you are. You're made in his perfect image and God has a very special plan for you and we love ALL of you.
From your head, down to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me
sweet as can be
Baby of Mine.
And I thanked God for the blessing you are to us. And I prayed that I would be the best Mama to you. That I'd teach you to love yourself for who you are, that I would show you how to stand up for yourself and to be proud of the way God made you, and that I'd be able to hold you close and always remind you how much you mean to me.
Rest your head,
close to my heart,
never to part.
Baby of Mine.
I love you mr. So very much.
I love your from platinum haired head all the way down to your chubby little toes.
I love you just the way you are and thank God each and every day for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment