Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Moooooo!

As Opa so perfectly said it this past weekend "you guys need to teach him so more vocabulary". Elijah pretty much only says "da da da da da da" with a few other jabbering and un-recognizable syllables in there. He definitely is "talking" a lot, but nothing worth saying it's an actual WORD. Come on, child. You're almost 14 months. You've got to know how to say more than just "da da" and the VERY occasional "ma ma" when your mom forces you to say it. ;-) Not that he's necessarily behind but he definitely isn't ahead in his vocabulary and talking sills. At his 12 month development check I was asked if he could say 1-2 more words OTHER than mama or dada. And almost 2 months later, I still cannot answer 'yes' to that question. We definitely try to get him to repeat a lot of things and he knows what things are-- for example if you ask him to get his ball he will go and find it. Words we've been working on the most are dog, ball, book, hat, hi, bye, and milk. We try to read to him, point out things in books, and encourage him repeating it back to us.


 Anyways.... today while daddy was home from work early (which almost NEVER happens!) we were reading Eli's farm book and pointing out the animals as well as saying the sounds each animal makes. Elijah started to catch on a bit and somewhat mastered the "moo". It was cute to watch him mooooo and read his book. Here is a VERY short video clip. It's a perfect example of a typical one-year-old's attention span and how quickly he gets distracted. Also, it's an example of how EVERYTHING is always "da da" or "DAH". :-) 






Here are a few cute photos I snapped. **Note: these are from my old camera. Until we get a card reader or USB cord I have no way of transferring pictures from our new fancy camera to my laptop.** 


He's kinda cute, isn't he? :)


E's new thing: bringing the pillows from the couch down on the ground and laying on them. He did this on his own one day and I just started laughing and took a pic on my phone to send to daddy. Now, I'll find him just laying there sucking his thumb or looking at a book or rolling around on them. 
Kinda adorable, I think!


Hey bug- I caught you reading! :)


Alright, it's Nap time!! Little man is already down, now a little nap for mama before work tonight! Always hate the start of my work week. 

Already looking forward to our weekend off: at home, just us, Osprey game, church, and just hangin' out! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment