I've been weirdly emotional and such lately when it comes to babies and friends having babies. (I think it's a hint that I'm ready for number 2!?!) ;-) Everyone knows how much I love being a mom. I put it into almost every photo/blog/status update I have. It's who I am. It's what I love more than anything in the world. I told my father in law the other day that I'm completely content being a Mama. It's what I do best. I could honestly walk away from nursing and not look back to be able to just be a Mom and give my kid(s) the best 24 hours a day/7 days a week. I understand some people don't feel the same way or get why I would do such a thing...well, the majority of them aren't moms :) I know that that isn't realistic and I won't walk away from being a nurse entirely (although I do hope to cut back hours when the hubs is finally done with school and working), but it just shows how much being a Mom changes you. It's something you just can't describe. It's also something you can never quite understand until you're a mom yourself....
My dear friend just had her first little girl on August 2nd. I was SO excited for her and can't wait to meet sweet Claire. She sent me a text today that literally brought me to tears. It was simple and to the point. She said exactly what I've wanted to say and tried to say since the day I had our sweet Eli and held him for the first time.....
"I feel like my heart is going to burst. I didn't know I could love this much"
I seriously couldn't have said it better. Along with this immense love is also a strong feeling of wanting the best for you child. Like my big sis so perfectly said today while we were talking about being Mamas," It's also how much your heart hurts when something is wrong or you're worried. It's a whole different kind of love".
Just a little reflections from a blessed mommy. Now, off to cuddle my little man before this workin' Mama heads to work for the night. I sure do miss him when I have to work!
First time holding my boy.... a feeling I can never fully describe. AMAZING.
Cuddling my little man now... He's a goof and I love him more and more each day! <3
Much Love <3

No comments:
Post a Comment