Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Faithful

For anyone who knows me, they know that I like to plan. I'm a Type A personality who likes things "just right" I like to make lists and cross things off this list, literally and figuratively. I tend to worry and not trust.  I'm forever being taught the lesson to "Let Go and let God." I know that God has a perfect plan for my life... and my worrying/stressing/wondering/planning will get me nowhere.... 


That being said,  This is the last week before Colin starts his LAST year of Law School. We can't really believe it's the last year. We're so excited to be over this part of our "story" but we don't know what the next chapter will bring. 


The next year is going to bring SO much change. As I write this, I almost get anxious just thinking about it. I don't know where we'll be 1 year from now- we don't even know if we'll be in this STATE much less this City! I love thinking about some of the changes-- maybe a HOUSE or at least a bigger/newer apartment!? (this would be SUCH a blessing) Maybe I'll have a new job and hopefully be working as a RN less hours so I can be a MOM for more hours! :) Maybe we'll be back home with our family near by or Maybe we'll be in a new town and have to start over finding a church and community of friends. 


Either way, despite all the unknowns, I've been doing a lot of preaching to myself lately. God has a perfect plan. He is FAITHFUL to fulfill this perfect plan in his PERFECT timing. For some things, my heart aches for an answer. I tend to want to believe that I know what's best for us and I want to plan according to MY will, not HIS.  But-- God's plan is best. Even when it doesn't make sense to me, or I cry to my hubby because I think I know what's best or because I want something in my own timing.... I'm wrong. God makes everything beautiful in his perfect timing. 


When it comes to letting Go and letting God... 
I tend to think of myself like this: 



Or.... Like this....


Yep. That's right.
 I compared my bad attitude in trusting God's perfect time to my crabby/crying 1 year old.

It's really essentially the same thing....
God is saying "child, I know what's best for you. Stop throwing a fit. Trust me."


My prayer would be to have this written on my heart today, in the next year, and forever. :) 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment