Where to start? Well Grandma came up for a last minute visit-- and boy did we (especially Elijah) love it! What a treat to have her come and get to spend so much one on one time with our little man! I seriously don't think I've seen E cuddle so much in quite a while. (I'm kicking myself for not capturing a couple photos from the sweet moments I witnessed between those two). He usually only cuddles when he doesn't feel good, but this weekend Grandma was the "toddler charmer". Our crazy little man was an angel! He was so good, so content, and so happy! Grandma got him pretty much all Saturday afternoon and the whole evening with the boy. They played, visited the mall, ate yummy food, and Elijah got spoiled! Mama and Daddy were spoiled to have a great (not to mention, free!) babysitter for the whole night for the much anticipated Law Prom! HOORAY! Sunday we spent time together at our favorite Paul's Pancake Parlor and Shopping. What a GOOD sunday! We were sad to see Grandma leave, but knew we'd be seeing family in just one short week when we go home! YAY! We also realized this weekend how much nicer it will be when we're in Billings. No more stressing over finding a sitter. We'll have lots of family to help and I also can't wait for Elijah to grow closer with and get to know his grandparents, aunts & uncles, and cousin much better! It's hard being away from them and I really pray that they will have a closer relationship since we'll be together much more :)
The 2012 Barristers Ball was a blast. First, it included a yummy dinner out with 3 of our closest couple friends. The hubbies are all the students and the wives were the supporters and cheerleaders through these past three crazy busy years. The food was divine and the conversation was great. Such fun to get all dressed up and go out on the town. The ball was a blast this year. By far the best one out of the three we've been too. Probably helps that we know more people this year and are just more comfortable in the crowd (especially me). But the band rocked, we danced, ate yummy appetizers, and the free beer and wine are always a plus! (Just ask Colin ;-) ) Also, they had a photo booth this year so we enjoyed taking silly pics! I cannot believe it's our last Law Prom. Sounds cheesy, but even though it seems like Colin's been in law school forever, at the same time it felt like just yesterday we were back at the first Law Prom. ( Fun fact, I was pregnant for that one too!!) I got tons of comments on my gigantic (feels like anyways) belly. I also got my belly rubbed. A LOT. It's hilarious when Colin's guy buddies all come up and actually seem interested and want to touch it. I just laugh. It doesn't bother me at all and I'm proud of my huge baby belly! Also, lots of people remembered me being pregnant for the first one so it was fun to reminisce. Just can't believe how far we've come. And, In less that two months my handsome hubby will be graduating from Law School! WOW!!
Now, for the photo gallery from out night. I didn't get much from the actual ball, since I didn't want to lug my big camera around and have not-so-conveniently lost the charger to charge my small camera (bummer!). But here's the before pics we got!
Our sweet family!
For fun-- Here we are 2 years ago. Little E was in my belly then!
If you look closely you can see the belly in my black dress.
BUT- can we talk about how I was actually further along in my pregnancy there
and Definitely smaller!??
Ahhhhh! :)
The Law School Wives. The hubbies may do the actual school work... BUT we hold down the household, work full time to support our husbands so they can do well in school, put up with not seeing them much and dealing with them often being stressed, as well as being their constant cheerleaders. (and some of us bearing and caring for children in the meantime....) :-) All cuz we love our Lawyer Hubbies!!! ♥
My hubby rocks... just sayin'. Can't believe it less than 2 months he'll be graduating from Law School! Whoop! :-) Side note: from this picture it does not seem possible that my belly can get much bigger... and to think... I still have 15-ish more weeks to go! WOWSA!
Photo Booth Fun!!
The Girls
Man- I LOVE my hubby!
What a fun night with my best friend! :-)
Now THAT was a good weekend.
What more could you ask for?
.... ...... ..... ...
Well, maybe a 4 day get-away for mama and dada to escape *just the two of us* to Seattle for a relaxing babymoon/celebrating how far we've come these past three years....
yeah, that sounds AMAZING.
And guess what?? That's what's coming up this next weekend!
YAY!!
Going to bed tonight so very happy and
so in love with my beautiful life God has given me!






No comments:
Post a Comment