Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bumpdate~ Week 20


Weeks: 20 weeks
Size of baby: (I added this in this week because I realized it wasn't in my earlier ones and definitely wanted it mentioned!) Baby weighs around 10oz and is about the size of a cantaloupe. (please disregard the fact that I spelt it wrong on the whiteboard above- I was in a rush to write the board tonight!) ha! Crown to rump length is about 6.5 inches. Full body is around 10 inches long.
Total Weight Gain: About 6-7 pounds (By the way, my loving husband asked me if I was going to keep posting my weight gain, because he was surprised that I would. It was at that exact moment,  that I became shy about posting it. Now, I'm not sure how much longer I will keep posting it, so if I randomly stop sharing, that's why!  I was doing it as a way for myself to remember, but I do know by putting it out there the world gets ALSO gets to see it.) 
Maternity Clothes? YEP! Still wearing some regular/non-maternity shirts. But most everything is maternity. 
Sleep: Thankfully, I've been less sick/congested lately and sleep is better. I'm happy with it that way!
Best Moment this week: Knowing for sure that it is indeed little Luke moving around in me. The past couple weeks I've felt flutters but always second guessed if it was really him. Now, I'm pretty sure it is. I can't wait for them to get stronger. 
Miss Anything? Hips not hurting. But, other than that, not too much! 
Movement: Like I said above, yep. Still small flutters or rumbling. I always think he's doing a summersault or something. Excited for them to be real kicks and to be strong so Daddy and Elijah can feel them from the outside.
Food Cravings: Embarrassingly, it's been fast food. I hate to admit it, but it goes along with my craving salty foods and french fries just taste too good. That, and stinkin' cheeseburgers from said fast food. Too good!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nothing! :-) Very thankful for that. But, it doesn't help the weight gain area. I'm mostly just hungry ALL the time. Literally, ALL the time! I can't get full. It wakes me from a dead sleep some days and I can't go back to bed until I eat something. Sad, but true. 
Gender: Boy~Little Baby Luke :) 
Labor Signs: Nope! 
Symptoms: Just sore hips and low back- a lot more than last pregnancy- which makes me nervous because we're only half way to the end!  But, that's about it! 
Belly Button In or Out? In
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy for sure!
Looking forward to:  Our big 3D ultrasound next week!! So very excited to see Luke on the ultrasound again and happy Colin and Elijah get to come and see him too! :) Also happy to be entering the second half of this pregnancy. I'm trying to enjoy it all, but I am anxious and excited for the upcoming months!


Oh Baby Luke, We are eager to meet you. We're working on teaching Elijah about you and getting him ready for a baby brother. He even has his own baby doll now to practice with. He loves to give you kisses on mama's belly. We know you two will be such close buddies. I love feeling some slight movement and can't wait till you really start kicking and wiggling around in me. We're excited to see you on the ultrasound next week- please put on a show for us! :) We hope to get a few good pictures of your sweet little face! 
We love you to pieces and I love journaling this adventure! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment