Sunday, June 1, 2014

Isaac- 1 Month

Baby Boy, 
One month since you joined our family, bringing so much joy and love than we could ever imagine. One month since you came into this world, shocked us with that white hair, and completed our little family. 






And, I'm so glad you're here. We are so very much in love with you, Baby Ike. 



I absolutely love having a baby. Newborn is probably my favorite phase. Some people think I'm crazy for this. But, despite less sleep, nursing a baby around the clock, and more chaos that just comes with having a baby... I completely love it. Every single bit. The hardest thing about it? Before you know it, it's gone. You're my baby. My last child. And I know there is something very bittersweet about it all. But, I've vowed to not rush time and to enjoy each and every moment. I have enjoyed snuggling you deep into my chest as much as possible and kissing your sweet face over and over. Your perfect squishy body just sinks right into my chest perfectly and I always think I could hold you like that forever. I cherish rocking you to sleep each night (for now, anyways). And I won't take for granted one single day.






You are growing like crazy. Your arm rolls are most divine. And your cheeks get chunkier each day. You weigh around 10.5 lbs (according to our scale at home). I was surprised it wasn't more. Luke weighed 11.5 lbs at 1 month so you're not quite as chunky as he was :) You are barely fitting newborn clothes, so we'll be getting out the 0-3 month stuff this week! (insert mama's heart breaking a bit!) You still eat like a champ. Every three hours during the day. Starting to get more spit up and reflux, but so far nothing too bad yet. You are one gassy/grunty baby though, I tell ya. You are still sleeping so good! For almost the past week you've woken up only once each night (typically around 3:00 ish). Randomly you'll have a night where you wake twice, but those nights are getting more and more infrequent. So wonderful. After you eat the one time, you go right back to bed until around 8:00 ish when you wake in the morning! Perfect! You take a 1.5-2 hour nap each mid morning and then a longer 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon. And always take an evening nap too. It's so nice how you've fallen into a lovely little routine, just like your big brothers. 






We got out your play mat this week and you're getting lots of tummy time on the ground. Your big brothers always like to join you. You're not too into laying on the mat, but I know you'll soon fall in love with the sun that flashes and plays music. At exactly 4 weeks, you decided to roll over. I even caught the second time on camera, because I didn't know if the first was just an accident. But, you've continued to do it a few times if you get your arms up under you just right, you always turn and end up on your back. I couldn't believe it. E rolled at 8 weeks, LT at 6, and here you are just 4 weeks and already doing it. Makes me ache a little bit more for time to slow down. I love watching milestones, but at the same time they always pull on my heart strings a little bit. I love your awake times and just these past couple days you've started to coo a bit more and love when we talk or specifically, I sing to you. 







Can't believe it's already been a month. You're the sweetest little squish baby and we adore you. Here's to the months to come and the exciting times ahead! 



As long as I'm living my Baby you'll be.
~Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment