Friday, June 27, 2014

5 Reasons for 5 Years




Today is 5 years since I married my best friend. Yes, this is one of the sappy posts. But, it's for my hubby so I don't care. ;-) God has blessed me beyond measure with a Man I don't deserve. I'm forever grateful for and so in love with him. In the past 5 years since we got married we have moved 5 times, finished law school, changed jobs, built our dream home, and had 3 sons. We've been just a bit busy. And, in his own words, "it's been a blur". But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so thankful for all God has done in our lives the past 5 years and I cannot wait for many, many more with my best friend by my side. So, in honor of it being 5 years together. I wanted to share 5 Reasons I'm so in love with my Groom.

1) He is a leader. He strives every day to lead this family in the best way possible and to follow God in all that we do. He has a strong heart for the LORD and is constantly pointing me to Christ and showing me grace when I don't deserve it. He shows our boys what it means to be a Son of God and how to serve him every day. I cannot thank him enough for being such a ROCK for our family.

2) He loves adventure. I'm not the most athletic person, but my husband is. He loves all things sports and outdoors. He encourages me to get out for a hike and to explore and have fun. He shares the love of outdoors with our boys and always wants to get out and have a blast.

3) He is loyal. Whether its for his beloved professional sports teams, his church softball team, his job, his friends, or his family. He is always loyal. He is always There for them (us).  He strives never to let anyone down and to always be the best no matter what he's doing. He'll stand by his losing teams, no matter what and always see the positive "it's just a rebuilding year" He is forever loyal.

4) He is the BEST daddy to our boys. They adore him. And he loves them so. He is their best friend. And he is teaching them to grow into God fearing men. He shows them how to treat their mama right, and in the future their wives. He knows how to have fun, wrestle, play games, and make them laugh like no one else. I couldn't ask for a better dad for our sweet boys to look up to and hope they grow up to be JUST like him.

5) He loves me. This seems so easy and simple. But, really it isn't and he is amazing. He loves me despite my faults and insecurities. He constantly tells me I'm beautiful. He loves me just for who I am and hates when I put myself down. He reminds me how much I mean to him and there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't tell me how he feels about me. And, when he comes home from work he never fails to kiss me and ask me how my day was and jumps in to help with the kids when he's exhausted himself. I am so incredibly grateful for him. I don't deserve him and I can't thank him enough for all that he does for me and for our family. 

Happy 5th Anniversary to my best friend and love of my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment