Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Crazy, beautiful Life.

I recently came across a quote that I immediately fell in love with.

"Parenting without a sense of humor... 
is like being an accountant who sucks at math." 

I must keep the sense of humor. If I wasn't laughing, i'd be crying. And really- laughing is so much better :-)

Let me preface this by saying this post is going to be a picture in the reality of our lives. And no, it's not always put together like I try to make it seem. Some people may judge, and that's ok. Because this is us. 

You see, this life we're living right now is nothing short of crazy. I joke every day that I live in a nut house. If someone had a camera and took a peek into a day in our lives they would think it's quite insane. One simple example: I can't tell you the number of times I've had to abruptly stop Isaac mid nursing session to run around the house with my shirt half on to spank or discipline another naughty little boy. (so much for breastfeeding being about bonding and peaceful-HA!) Yes, there are the moments I want to pull my hair out, yell a little too much, and would give anything for a night out alone with a strong margarita. But, that doesn't mean I don't love it. I do. And I hate even admitting that some days are hard, really hard. Because, that would mean I have to tell the truth. It isn't all cute Instagram pictures of boys playing peacefully and smiling for the camera. Nope. It's a lot more fighting over the same toys and arguing with Mama for the millionth time about not wanting to do something. 

Here's the deal. My house is often a disaster. In fact, I don't know the last time I swept (much less mopped!) these dirty floors. My nice living room is currently covered in cars and dinosaurs. The boy's never ending laundry is clean, but still sitting in the laundry basket to be put away from last week. Somedays when we have no where to go, we don't get out of our pj's. I may or may not take shower every day. I often have spit up covering at least one of my articles of clothing each day. I have absolutely no idea what's for dinner, but will come up with something last minute. We celebrated our first trip to Target (just me and the 3 amigos) and everyone surviving with no major meltdowns by having McDonalds. A place I never thought I'd eat as much (and hate admitting it) but when it's the boys' favorite special meal- I do. I feel accomplished when I can keep up with dishes (and we have dishwasher). I constantly think about shelling out the money for someone to come clean my floors and bathrooms. There isn't enough coffee to get me through some mornings and I sometimes silently rejoice when it's 1:00 because that means nap time. And instead of being productive and picking up the house and getting things done, most days I choose to nap as well. 

 In spite of this small glimpse in the chaos of our life. I love it. Why? God gave me these sweet wild monkeys (I mean... blessings) to care for and love. They are fed. They are (usually) happy. Most importantly, They are healthy. And currently, they are all napping at the same time. And that right there- is SUCCESS in my book!!! Who doesn't love nap time? :) 

These boys mean the world to me. And honestly, I woudn't trade it for anything. My babies are growing up too fast. And even though we're stuck in a VERY busy stage of toddlers and babies. (And I do realize it won't be ending any time soon) I love that they're so close that they'll always be buddies. I love how each one can make me smile in a different way on any given day. I love how my almost 4 year old can carry on the longest conversation about something wild from his crazy imagination. Or how he teaches me about every single dinosaur or animal and where they are from or what they eat. I love how my almost 2 year old loves planes and when he hears one he will stop wherever he is and whatever he is doing to point up to the sky and find the plane with such excitement. Or he can flash me his silly-toothed grin and giggle away that melts my heart when moments before I was so frustrated with him. I love how my almost 6 week old will snuggle deeply into my chest and I can feel his breathing get slower and heavier as he drifts off to sleep and I kiss his sweet head over and over. Or how he will hold his head up high when I'm holding him on my shoulder and his big blue eyes will look around with such wonder and awe. 

I love this crazy beautiful life.






















No comments:

Post a Comment