Thursday, March 6, 2014

G3# Bumpdate ~ 30 Weeks!

Wow. Apparently I missed my 28 week post. It's been busy with sick boys and now sick Mama...

 I don't have an updated belly pic but wanted to share an update since we've had a lot going on. And a couple cute pics of the little man should do :)
We're in the home stretch!! Literally. Exactly EIGHT more weeks from today we'll be holding our littlest gent in our arms and finally getting to see who he looks like and smothering him with kisses. These are the things I'm so looking forward to. 



Weeks: 30 Weeks!

Size of Baby: Apparently he's a Butternut Squash. According to my ultrasound he's 3 # 11 oz already! :) The ultrasound tech estimated if he's delivered by 38 weeks he'll be 8-9 pounds. If we were to go longer, I'd have a 9-10 pound. Thank goodness I don't have to go longer! 

Maternity Clothes? Yes. And mostly anything comfy. I HATE jeans these days and REALLY long for nicer weather so I can wear all my sun dresses. With my other boys I was this pregnant and big when it was actually spring out and I lived in skirts and comfy dresses. I long for nicer weather, for many reasons, but this is a huge one! 

Sleep: Not so good lately. :/ Not all pregnancy related though, being sick has made it very difficult to breathe at night. Apparently when you mix a big preggo belly + a nasty cough cold you get a VERY short of breath and not sleeping mama. boo. Hoping for better rest again soon! 

Best Moment this weeks: Getting to see my sweet baby boy again at my ultrasound. 30 weeks. and OH SO CUTE. I'm not sure everyone looks at ultrasound pics and says the baby is cute... but I'm tellin' ya. This boy's cheeks and lips are to die for. I cannot WAIT to smooch them. Unfortunately, although not un-expected, I'm getting polyhydramnios again. It seems to be starting a bit later this time, which I guess is good. But I'm having all the symptoms. My fluid level is rising each appointment and my uterus is now measuring 41 weeks. Thats 1 week past a "normal" full pregnancy. And I still have 8 more weeks to go! YIKES. I'm feeling it too. Speaking of 8 weeks... that will put me at 38 weeks. We scheduled the official birth date (as long as Isaac doesn't have any of his own crazy plans) Baby Boy will be delivered on May 1st (his uncle jakey's birthday-- how fitting his middle name is after him). And, we are very excited! 

Miss Anything? Getting a full breath? I'm not exaggerating on this one either! 

Movement: Very active and moving lots! I guess he was doing cart wheels in there or something. Because at 28 weeks he had flipped to breech, but by 30 was back to head down (where he's always been). He's a wild boy in there and I feel it all... and love it all. 

Food Cravings: Sweets still--- more specifically cookie dough and cadburry mini eggs! YUM!

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope! 

Labor Signs: Contractions have started and every once in a while are actually quite regular and timeable. At 28 weeks I was working and contracting a LOT and very uncomfortable. My doc happened to be the OB on that day So i went and visited him. He made sure I wasn't having any cervical changes, but nope. All was well. I guess I just have to get used to being VERY big and contracting lots. But as long as baby is good and I'm not having any changes, there isn't much we can do. 

Symptoms: Contractions, a little heart burn (but not much compared to most of my pregnant friends), getting more short of breath the bigger my belly gets, and feelin' it in my back too. 

Belly Button In or Out? In mostly, starting to get more even with the belly. The center pokes out just a little.

Wedding ring on or off? Off

Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy :-)

Looking forward to:  Next week on Colin's birthday we're doing a very fun and special ultrasound at a place here in town. It's not for my doctor, it's strictly for FUN. I cannot wait. Yes, you pay a decent price. BUT-- it's our last baby and our only pregnancy that we're here with family in town so wanted to share in the experience with them! We'll get a DVD and hopefully lots of fun cute pics of a chubby Isaac :) I'm really excited for it. Also, a couple dear friends are throwing me and Isaac a little baby shower next weekend. So I have lots to look forward to. 





No comments:

Post a Comment