Some days I feel like this pregnancy is zooming by. Others, I feel like I'm STILL only 26 weeks. I'm starting to get sad about this being my for sure last pregnancy. I love this connection and special relationship I have with my baby in my belly. I love feeling him roll around and nudge me, giving me little reminders that he's in there and healthy. I think working in the NICU has played a role in how precious this pregnancy is. I see daily how babes can come when they come, no matter how early. I've taken care of itty bitty babies the same gestation as mine, or even smaller than little Isaac right now. I know how important each and every week is for the baby growing in the womb. I cherish each day. I want to remember this the best that I can. I want to soak it all up. My next update, I'll be starting my 3rd and final trimester. And, the weeks will surely go by so very fast.
Weeks: 26 Weeks
Size of Baby: Cucumber? (that is one huge cucumber!) Around 15 inches and weighing in just over 2 pounds!
Maternity Clothes? Yes
Sleep: Good! Wake up sore, and turning over in bed gets harder each week but it's still good!
Best Moment this weeks: Seeing our littlest gentleman for our 26 week ultrasound. I LOVE watching him while feeling him inside at the same time. And getting a peek at his cheeks starting to get chubby and his already pouty lips was the BEST thing ever.
Miss Anything? No, not much!
Movement: Lots and lots!!! Not just kicks and nudges, But he will roll around and is very active!! I love having people feel him and sharing it the movements!
Food Cravings: A lot of sweets lately-- Good thing Valentines is the perfect sweets/chocolate holiday!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!
Labor Signs: None!
Symptoms: Braxton hicks continue here and there. Back/hip pain is just starting. I notice being uncomfortable, especially at work, a lot easier. I know this comes with the territory- so it's expected. :)
Belly Button In or Out? In mostly, starting to get more even with the belly. The center pokes out just a little.
Wedding ring on or off? Off
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy :-)
Looking forward to: My baby growing. I love it and also love with each week that passes he's gaining weight (so is his mama!) and he's getting that much closer to come out a healthy boy. We'll get another ultrasound at my 30 weeks to check my fluid level and baby's size. At my 26 week visit -- my fluid was within normal range! (which is fantastic!) BUT--- my uterus is already measuring 38 weeks. That is 12 weeks further than it should be. My doctor isn't sure why my uterus is so large already, when it can't be blamed on my amniotic fluid or baby being that large. (he's measuring 60%). So... at this point we're going to just keep a close eye on it. I'm just nervous for just how BIG I'm going to get.




No comments:
Post a Comment