I figured it had been a while since I wrote a letter to you. I wanted to capture what's been going on and who you are at three and a half. I sometimes wish I could stop time and keep you boys the way you are. I love you at 3.5!
You are at such a fun age. You are so smart, so curious, and so sweet.
At 3.5 you weigh around 35 pounds (best guess!)
You are the BEST big brother. You love Luke. You two have a very special relationship. Yes, you fight a lot. But, you also LOVE a lot. I often catch you sneaking a hug from your brother and saying "love you so much, baby luke!" It honestly melts my heart. You worry about him if he's sad or sick. You beat him up and wrestle him when he's fun and crazy. You love sharing a room with him. My favorite is when I can't find the two of you... and after searching find you together in a corner reading books. You'll recite them to your brother the best you can. I wish I could stop time and never want to forget those special memories. You also ADORE your baby brother Isaac. You ask to kiss the baby all the time, you give my belly hugs, and you'll say "oh baby Isaac... you're so cuuuuute". You remind me that Baby Isaac if going to get big and huge before he can come out. And you insist that he wont be too big to hold. I cannot wait for you to meet him.
You are a great student. You love school (You get that from your Daddy). Every morning you ask "Do I have pre school or sunday school today!?" You love to read. You love learning and are soaking up so much. You're very smart, and sometimes too smart for your own good. You talk all the time. And ask questions over and over again. Especially if we're ignoring you ;-) Your teaches say you're an angel (I'm seriously quoting them) in school. They remark that you are VERY smart and sweet. You can also be quiet (which, we don't experience at home!) but that you're coming out of your shell more and with encouragement are getting braver at making friends and playing with others. You can spell your name and as of recently can write your name. Your hand writing is just simply adorable. Thank goodness you only have three letters-- ELI.
You are so silly. You have a great sense of humor and so much energy! You crack yourself up and can get Mama and Dada laughing at the things you say. You like to say "im just joking around, mama" when you do something silly. You have the BEST laugh. I love listening to it all the time.
You love music. You always have, and it gets more and more as you get older. You ask to listen to your CD's and we have lots of dance parties. At Christmas time we were not allowed to drive in the car without turning on the Christmas music. You even learned some of the songs and love to sing them at the dinner table... loudly! :) I love to hear you sing. You like watching music shows with Opa and you're pretty dang good at keeping a beat! Looks like you got mama's music talents ;-)
You love anything to do with Cars, trucks, tractors, balls, dinosaurs etc. ALL boy. You also really love the outdoors. It's been a blast seeing you this winter in the snow. You cannot get enough of sledding. You run through the snow and take bites of it as you go. If you never had to come in, you'd be ok with that. We usually have to force you!
You're becoming more and more independent. You are fully potty trained and take yourself to the bathroom all the time now. It cracks us up when you stop what you're doing and yell "oooh- gotta take a potty break!" and go running to the bathroom. You like to help get yourself dressed or undressed. You love brushing your teeth. You climb into your carseat on your own, and hopefully soon will learn how to do your own buckle (which would be great for when baby brother gets here and you're moved to the backseat!) You love to help cook with Mama.
You still love your Daddy so much. He's your best friend, other than your brother! The two of you like to go on special trips in Daddy's green truck. You like to make breakfast (pancakes, eggs, and bacon!) on the weekends and come wake Mama up telling me it's ready! You enjoy sledding, going on walks, playing outside, helping grill, wrestling, body slamming, and being crazy together. You are so much like him, and I Love it!
You are stubborn and strong willed. But at the same time very, very sweet. And sometimes quite sensitive. You are such a joy, E. We love you so very much. We're so proud of the big boy you're becoming. Can't wait to see what's to come!
I Love you to the moon and back my sweet E.
Love, Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment