Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Photo Dump

We had a wonderful Christmas. It seemed to have left as quickly as it came. Today we officially "put away" Christmas. Eli would say good bye to things as we put them in the totes and say "see you next year" :) We (Daddy) still have the task of taking down the outside lights but other than that our house is back to its normal ( more spacious without a big tree) self. It felt good to put it away. But I also got to sit and reminisce about what a special year it was. The boys got spoiled, of course. But it's not just about the gifts. We were home, OUR new home more specifically. We were surrounded by family. We enjoyed a beautiful Christmas Eve service (when we weren't wrangling/discipling two sleep-deprived crazy boys). And if I sat really still, I could feel our 3rd boy wiggling inside me. I imaged how Mary must have felt carrying our KING. We were able to reflect on all that God has blessed us with. And focus on the real reason we can celebrate, because of Jesus Christ. Emmanuel. God With Us.

That said, we also made many memories this year... Seeing santa, driving around looking at Christmas lights, listening to endless Christmas music, riding on the Polar Express train, baking with family, sledding, and sharing in Christmas by giving gifts! Because of all the memories, I also was able to take a million *almost* pictures of all the adventures. The boys (Elijah especially) are old enough to start really getting into everything. What a joy it is to watch them in awe and wonder! 

We were so sad to not get Christmas cards out this year. It was mostly lack of planning on my part....AND not wanting to use our only good family picture which happens to be from 6 months ago. Soooo... maybe new years cards? Or maybe the copious amounts of photos I shared on Instagram, Facebook, and now this Blog will suffice. Just maybe. 

So, here are my favorites from the Holiday Season. Enjoy!  

Eli's PreSchool Christmas Program 





Riding on a train to the North Pole!











`

Christmas Eve with Opa/Oma and the whole Haan Fam!

















Christmas Day with the Gerstner Family















No comments:

Post a Comment