Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Big Brother E

Elijah, 
This post is just for you. Mama is so proud of you. I prayed while baby luke was in my belly that you would love being a big brother. I hoped that you wouldn't be jealous. I prayed that you would understand when I couldn't give you my full attention once baby brother was here. I hoped you would go easy on me when I have to say no to you when you want something but I can't get it for you because I'm busy feeding Luke or dealing with him. I prayed you would love your brother. I hoped you'd kiss him and tell him you love him and want to be with him. 


And, guess what, little man? You've surpassed my expectations. 

You have done a fabulous job transitioning into the role of big brother. Your world was rocked when we introduced a new baby brother and moved to a new home all in a matter of 4 weeks. Other than the occasional (and mostly understandable) needyness, you have been a gem. You love Baby Luke. You really haven't showed any real jealousy to him. You kiss him. You tell him you love him. You always ask for him when he's sleeping. You love to read stories to him. You always want him down on the floor with you to "play". You "watch" Baby gook when Mama is getting ready in the mornings. My heart melts when I come to find you laying next to Lukey with your hand on his leg just watching him. It makes me smile every time you "read" to him. I listen as you say "Look, baby gook. this the fire truck" or "Look, baby gook, this the dog" You got to feed him part of a bottle the other day. You were SO proud. You loved feeding Baby Gook. You weren't the most proficient, but Luke didn't seem to mind. You sure do love him. And we sure do love you both. 






Thank you, mr E. Thanks for being so fabulous. We love you so much. We're proud of how well you've transitioned in the past couple crazy months. We continue to pray that you'll enjoy being a big brother, you'll protect your baby brother, and you'll always know how much we love BOTH of our little guys. Thanks for making us smile when you're such a goofball and reminding us that time goes by too quickly-- to cherish every day with our precious boys!! Love you-- to the moon and back. xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment