When did you become such a big boy? When did my baby grow up?
Please stop growing.
No, don't stop. But slow down!
You make my heart skip a beat when I catch you doing something new or walk away from me like you've been walking forever and it's no big deal.
This past week I swear you've grown up more and changed more than you have in months.
You walk now. Well, you did a little before, but now you're really doing it. A lot. Like, real walking. You love it. You're proud of yourself and you love to toddle around like you're a pro. You smile and
show off because we love watching you and encourage you to do it more and more.
I can't believe how much my sweet boy has grown up in just this week...you're melting my heart with each passing day... my love for you grows and grows... but what happened to my baby? I look at this picture of you walking away and think of the lyrics "there goes my life, there goes my future, my everything, there goes my life..."
You're so smart. You may not be able to communicate a lot but you understand so much. You receptive language amazes me sometimes. I know you'll be talking soon! You sign "please" consistently as well as "more" and you try to say "all done". It's so cute!
The biggest thing that makes you such a big boy- your very first haircut. And boy, are you handsome.
Seeing the curls disappear did make me a little sad, but you are SUCH a stud and you look SO sharp in your new big boy locks. You did great in the rocket chair. The first half went well, then you decided you were over it and completely broke down, especially when the lady held your head down to buzz around your ears and you freaked. You did good though and even got your very first sucker afterwards! I couldn't get enough pictures of it all. I wanted to capture all of it. I had hoped to even video tape it but didn't have enough hands to get pictures and help entertain you! :)
And. here is where you broke down.
Even the fruit loops we brought to bribe you didn't help!
Lots of on lookers.
You were over it!
Ok, all done now.
You're happy you got a sucker! :)
Here are your locks of hair we saved for your baby book!
Oh, sweet Eli. I LOVE you.
You are just growing up too fast. I am excited for the next few months and when you start talking.
But, today...
I missed my baby.
You're such a big boy now!













No comments:
Post a Comment