Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Random

Just a little random blog post here. I had some cell phone pics I wanted to share so I thought I'd post them tonight and talk about life lately. The Gerst gang is doing about the same! We had a good weekend spending time together. We enjoyed the Griz game (which almost ended in a bust due to Mr. E not wanting to fall asleep in the carrier this time). But after walking away from the game (actually was literally on my way home) he calmed down and stopped fighting it and just fell asleep. I was able to go back and enjoy the rest of the game with Colin. Eli slept the whole second half! (HOORAY!) We met up with some friends after the game and Elijah was such a ham, he loves the attention, and was charming everyone around him. Sunday Daddy went fishing, So E and I hung out at home to get some stuff done... and I must admit.. just be a little lazy and stay in our pjs! :) We enjoyed our day together while daddy did well on the river! He enjoys his man time and I was happy he could get away. School has been stressful and BUSY for him. Whoever told us that 3rd year would be his easiest, was lying! Colin has been so busy with school, a little work, and trying to apply and get ready for interviews for jobs! Phew. Not sure he manages to do all that as well as be an amazing daddy and wonderful hubby. We are continually reminding ourselves that this is his last year of school- YAY! But, we know then he'll just be busy studying for the BAR and then he'll just be busy being an attorney. Good thing he ROCKS and is great at balancing life! 

Speaking of school and being an attorney...
maybe there is a future lawyer right here:
Studying his daddy's "Fundamentals of Trusts and Estates". 
just a little light reading before his bedtime :-) 


This book seems a little more on his level.
E still Loves to read, even though sometimes he turns the pages so fast we don't really read.
His favorites right now are his puppy book (always has been his fav) 
and his farm book. He loves looking at the animals and "moos" at everything! Maybe we'll try to teach him to oink or chirp so he can get his animals straight! 



Here's one of me and the hubs enjoying the Griz Game 
We LOVE fall and football games!!!! 
Eli's hiding under the sun cover-- we love our Ergo Carrier we bought. 
Worth EVERY penny. 
I'd tell every new mom to get one now that I've experienced it! 



Here is proof I can still make myself work out with two 1 year olds.
Rain or Shine.
I'm pretty sure I'm the queen of excuses. But-- NO more.
I have a great friend, Sarah, Who has 2 little boys of her own.
We've dedicated ourselves to walking/working out every mon-tues-wed mornings together.
What a blessing she is. 
Anyways- here's what I look like. Im sure we're hilarious looking.
People walk by seeing two moms each pushing a stroller, each with a kid on our chest.
But- we still manage to run stairs, do squats, do lunges, and get our workout on! 
All this with a 22 pound kid on my chest. Tough! 


Elijah is puttin' out the vibes here in his new outfit... :)
I'm excited for fall and all his new clothes to put him in! 
I know, I'm weird. ha! 


What a STUD!
He is so handsome. Just can't get enough of him.
When did my baby grow up?!

Ps- mom- will you find me some pics of myself at 1 or 2? 
I swear I'm seeing more of me in him lately! 



One last pic of Elijah-
What a cute little man. 
Despite the first loss, we're still Rooting for the Broncos...
and they won their second game.
So, we just HAD to get Eli his own jersey!


Well... that's it from us tonight!
 Hope everyone is having a fabulous week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment