It was a great weekend!! Uncle Jakey came to town-- we FINALLY talked him into coming and we were so excited to spend some time together :-) Our plans for the weekend included the first Home Griz game of the season, going out for dinner and drinks, and just hanging out! The game was a blast- it was SO HOT outside. Seriously- like high 80's at least. HOT...Especially when you have a 22 pound one year old in a carrier on your chest. Anyways... despite the heat...it was a ton of fun! I have to admit, I was pretty nervous taking Elijah. As we all know by now, he's an active 1 year old who just wants to crawl and play. Well- when you're sitting in a packed student section- that's not really possible! But, He did FANTASTIC! We borrowed our friends baby carrier-- similar to our Bjorn we used last year-- but much better for bigger kids! I loved it... and WILL be buying one of our own, especially before the next game. It was perfect-- E was able to cat nap in it- he took 2 short ones. The game is literally Right during his afternoon nap-- the most crucial of his 2 naps of the day. I was worried he'd fall apart and the game wouldn't be fun. But, it was great. When he was awake, he was loving the game and charming all the girls around us. Daddy loved talking to him about football and teaching him all about the sport. When he got fussy and tired, we put him in the carrier and he fell asleep! YAY! The game was fun- the griz scored on a kick off return in the first 7 seconds of the game and the player got 10,000 dollars for it, there was a crazy streaker on the field half way through the game which got lots of attention (Colin even got a pic of him being arrested, but I decided not to post it on here!) and the Griz Won!!! Elijah looked SO freaking cute in his new Griz jersey and hat! We took tons of photos.. seriously.. lots! I had a hard time picking which ones to share! We got a babysitter for E Saturday night and we went out for dinner and drinks. It was a good night out-- able to eat in peace and enjoy some time sans kid (even though we love him dearly!). We were so thankful to spend quality time with Jake... he leaves tonight and we'll miss having him here!
Just love these games!
E taking one of his cat naps during the game!
The Billings Big Sky Little League team even came and got announced!
The awesome Ergo carrier- even has a little sun shield-
IDEAL to hide his vulnerable
fair skinned little self!
Cute new Griz Family Picture!
Look at us last year at the first Home Griz game.
I LOVE seeing how much E has changed :)
Love my boys.
Daddy loved teaching Elijah about football...
I love thinking about how even more exciting it will be
for both of them as Elijah gets bigger!
Sweet E at the tailgate.
This is my favorite picture of him from the day.
Maybe he'll play football some day...
Follow your dreams Little Man,
don't let anything or anyone hold you back or tell you otherwise!
So glad Jake could be here!!
Eli is very ticklish!!
A couple CUTE pics of Mama and her little man <3
Everyone says he looks like his daddy...
but I think he might have at least my smile? :)
Gotta love my "little" bro!
Me and the Hubs!
After the big day, Elijah was pretty pooped!
He went right to bed for the sitter and slept till almost 9 am! :)
It was a long day for this little man!
E and Uncle Jakey hangin' out...
just love the way they're smiling at each other.
So...I really did try to limit my pictures...
how'd I do? Hahaha!
What a good weekend!











No comments:
Post a Comment