Monday, July 18, 2011

BuSy SuMmEr UpDaTe!!!

It's been a busy Summer and it's just flying by! We've been so blessed this month to get visitors. MANY of them. In the past week we saw Grandma and Grandpa Gerstner, my dear friend Crystal and her little boy Ethan, Jess/Scott/Lisa/Bret/Ty camped here this weekend, and today we got a quick visit with Oma, Opa, Jen, Steve, and cousin Nathan!! What a fun way to spend the Summer. We miss family and friends and enjoy any opportunity we get to be with them. It's honestly been so busy and July is going by way too fast! I have been terrible at taking pictures and keeping the blog posted...I know we have some special people who check it often for updates and pics so I better get back in the groove! :~)


Elijah is a busy, busy almost 13 month old. He's still not walking, with no motivation to really try and start. We're lucky if he will take a few steps behind the push toys he got for his birthday. But I'm not pushing it too much! Not much else big and exciting has changed with him since his 1st birthday. I still have a hard time telling people he's 1. It's just crazy to me! :) I love him to pieces. He's definitely got some attitude and is learning more about discipline and hears the words "no Eli" or "don't touch that, Eli" multiple times a day. He sure is cute as can be. He is jabbering a lot. We're trying to teach him some words.... currently we're working on Dog (he LOVES dogs and is so close to saying it. For now it sounds like "dah" still.) We can't wait till we can get him a dog someday. He just loves petting them, playing with them, and trying to point them out in the books. Someday, little man, someday. ;) He also loves his balls and anything to do with music so he can dance. 


My friend Crystal and her 2 year old Ethan came to visit us in Missoula for a couple days this week. We loved getting some one on one time with them. When we go home we're always super busy and don't get much time with them. This was the perfect opportunity for just hanging out. Wish her hubby Ryan could have come, but we knew he had to work. Ethan is a fireball full of energy and gives the best hugs and kisses to auntie Jacki. The boys did great playing-- as long as they didn't steal each other's toys! They played at the train at the mall, went swimming, and even took a bath together! It was busy and noisy having a 2 year old and 1 year old in the house playing! I LOVED it. Even as crazy as it was, I didn't change my mind of still wanting another one... someday soon I hope! :) Colin even got to babysit the boys while he let Crystal and I have an evening of dinner and shopping without draggin' the little ones around with us. He did fantastic, as we knew he would. He even said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be! YAY!


After Crystal left it was back to work for 3 nights for this mama. Work is busy! I was reminded again this week why I do what I do and how I can be a blessing in my work as I comforted a family through their loss of a loved one. I miss working with babies and kids, that is for sure, but I do enjoy the comfort care aspect of my job and feel like I can do Christ's work as I can try to be a blessing to both my patient in the end of life and their family through grief. 


After my 3 nights of tiring work I couldn't wait to join the gang at the KOA. Jess, Scott, Lisa, Bret, and Ty came up with the camper and we were looking forward to a weekend of hanging out, playing games, fishing for the boys, shopping for the girls, devouring 'smores and drinking wine! :) We had a blast!! It was too short, as always, and they went back home yesterday. 


Today we got to have lunch with Oma, Opa, Jen, Steve, and cousing Nathan as they came through Missoula on their way to Glaciar National Park. We wished we could join them at the park but decided not to since Colin would have to miss more work! bummer. We have a couple more trips we have to make this summer (one this coming weekend to Billings for a friend's wedding, and one to Wyoming in August for Colin's cousin's wedding) so it's hard to miss more work. Too bad we can't just take the whole Summer off and go where we want to go! We're enjoying the sunny days when we get them and still hope to go backpacking, camping, or something one of these weekends we don't have visitors or something else planned!


*** Here are some photos from the past week***


Eli and Ethan in the bath together! 

Eli's stinkin' cute curly hair and little smile :)


Crystal and the boys at the pool! 
She is such a sweet friend and I'm so glad she could come visit!


Eli was hilarious in the tube. His little butt fit right in it and
 he sat there for quite a while before wanting out! 


Hangin' with Auntie Jess in the camper at the KOA


Elijah love Lisa & Bret's dog Mocha.
He loves any dog and is never afraid of them...
we want to get him a service/companion dog of his own someday!


Elijah playing with his cool firetruck-- 
we always tell him he can be like his fireman Uncle Jakey 


Cheesy grins! 
Almost 13 months old! 


He's looking so big and grown up now in the chair!


Our almost weekly tradition of video chatting with Oma and Opa
Eli tries to touch it and push the keys! 


Eli LOVES his scout dog. It's probably his favorite toy by far.
Here he is giving Scout kisses. (more like eating his nose)


He sure does love Scout! 


At our lunch date -- I got to hold this Big solid adorable chunk! :)


Oma was excited to sit by Elijah! 


Blake loves having his pictures taken! 
We sure do miss him! 


Yummy! Oma feeding Eli his Penne Alfredo


messy face= good food!


Jen and her little man!


The cousins talking to each other. 


Eli decided to put his finger in Nathan's mouth...
Nathan didn't mind.. he just sucked away! :) 


My new favorite picture of Oma & Opa and their boys! 
I just love this pic!
Everyone is looking and smiling! 


Uncle blake loves Eli!


Me, Jen, and our boys! 


We sure do make pretty studly little men!!! 
What a blessing it is to raise our kids together! 



Eli loves balls... we're trying to get him to say "ba ... Ba... Ball"
so far-- everything still comes out "DA DA!" 
Someday he'll learn to say some words!
Hahaha! 


I ADORE this little man and his cheesy big teeth smiles :-)
He lights up my life everyday. 


It's been a fabulous summer so far...
We're loving time as a little family of 3, no school for Colin, and lots of visits from friends and family. 

Hope to enjoy the next month before reality sets in and it's back to school and less traveling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment