Ok Folks,
This post is about to get pretty personal. So- just a warning to those who don't care to hear about my body issues post baby- just skip this one! :)
For everyone else, I decided to finally blog about my journey that I started 2 weeks ago. Since Elijah was completely weaned this month I decided to dedicate myself to getting healthier and losing some weight. I've always suffered with body image issues... but... these only got worse after being pregnant and having my belly expand to the ginormous size that it did. For example: see this photo:
Now, some women, they get pregnant and they get big, but for some reason after the baby they just go back to their normal body self within few short months. Apparently, this was not me. Nope, wasn't that blessed. My body will NEVER be the same, even when I lose some weight and work out. It won't take away the marks. I'll always be envious of those women. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED being pregnant. And, I already can't wait to be pregnant again even though I know I'll gain all that weight and grow so much all over again. But, for now, my focus is on losing some baby weight + more so that I can be more fit and overall more healthy for my kids, because, that's the heart of the matter- My husband, My boy and my future kids.
Anyways, so this is my life now. Dieting, working out, and trying to keep in mind my goal. 2 weeks in and I'm half way there. Trying to stay strong. I'm thankful for a loving and supportive husband- even when I yell at him because he doesn't know what it is like. He's blessed to never have to try to lose weight or watch what he eats, but he's right there with me through it all. SO-- the meaning of the title. Ugly or Beautiful? I always see my stomach as ugly. Honestly, I probably always will. But, my hubby has always said it is beautiful and even more beautiful now because I carried our son in it. He DOES have a point. So, tonight while I was messing around online I found this beautiful picture and quote. It made me pause for a minute and remember what is important. I'll never be that skinny, stretch mark free, model-body girl. Nope. That's just not me. But- I do have a wonderful husband and a beautiful baby boy.
So, without further ado. The picture....
So- what do you think- ugly or beautiful?

it says:
"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.
It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."
A new perspective: and I say that's BEAUTIFUL.

You're absolutely beautiful. Without a doubt, you're more beautiful today than when you walked down the aisle to me. Beauty isn't just the way you appear or conform to society's standard of what looks good. I see beauty every time you sacrifice and work your butt off for our family, when you are the best mother Eli could ask for, or when you give me much needed support, even when I don't deserve it. You are beautiful, don't ever tell yourself otherwise.
ReplyDelete--Colin
Jax -
ReplyDeleteYou are and always have been beautiful inside and out. You are a wonderful daughter, sister, nurse, wife, mother and most importantly one of God's children. You have been blessed with many gifts that you use to touch others lives and to bring glory to God in all you do. Mom :)