Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunshine and Happiness :~)

It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend in Missoula...and boy did we enjoy it :-) 
The sun hasn't made an appearance for quite a while and we haven't warmed up that much for quite some time either. Let's just say... I LOVED it. So ready for Summer to stay. Unfortunately, more rain is expected this week. That's why we gotta enjoy those lovely days when we get them...

Saturday we had a blast riding our bikes down by the river and went to the Farmer's Market. The Farmer's Market is by far one of the best things we love about Missoula Summers... The people, the atmosphere, the produce, and the fun in the sunshine! Elijah sure likes his bike ride's in the seat on Daddy's bike. He smiled a lot more this time and enjoyed riding around and looking at Mama on her bike. Such fun! So glad we decided to buy it his birthday gift! He'll thank us later, I'm sure! ha! 

After the Farmer's Market it was home for naptime. Mama worked Friday night and still hadn't slept so she was tired, as was the little man. After naps we enjoyed running some errands and hittin' up our favorite store- Target :) We were on a mission for Birthday Party Decorations (E's first party is this coming Saturday- yay!). We didn't get any yet, but did pick out some new outfits for our family photos and Elijah's 1 year photos that we're doing next week! Very excited!! Every time I think about him being a year old... I freak out a little. YIKES! 

Sunday is by far my favorite day of the week. It's always been our "family day". Even during school, Colin does great at mostly keeping Sunday's "our" day. I'm very thankful for that and his dedication to making it happen. Church was amazing and humbling, as always. 
The sermon was on the Lord's Supper and what it really means.
 Here's my favorite verse from a song we sang- Come to the the Table
"Come to the table and see in His eyes, the love that the father has spoken.
And know you are welcome, whatever your crime, though every commandment you've broken.
For He's come to love you and not to condemn, and He offers a pardon of peace
If you'll come to the table, you'll feel in your heart, the greatest forgiveness, the greatest release."

After church we had lunch and nap time before we went on a family hike. I've been wanting to hike the M here in Missoula for a long time (our famous trail right off campus up on Mt. Sentinel). I think I was afraid I'd die because of being out of shape, so I kept putting it off. The hike was beautiful, tough at parts, but very do-able and fun! 
The top has the most gorgeous view of this beautiful city we are blessed to live in.... 
we're excited for more hikes to the M this summer! 
It's crazy to think that this could be our last full Summer in Missoula- 
since we don't know where we'll be next Summer after Colin graduates. 
Definitely plan on enjoying it the most we can while we're here. 

Here are a few photos from our sunnyweekend:

Daddy and E at the market

Elijah at the top- he slept the entire way up! 
He woke at the top for a few smiles and photos...


My boys- LOVE Them! 


Mama and her little man!


Beautiful Missoula, MT.


YAY! We made it-
gorgeous view from the top!


Lovin' Life!


Up top- the background is the cement M in the hill.


The boys on the way down...


Eli's thinking "this is tough work... I need another nap" :) 


Feeling happy and blessed tonight. 
What a wonderful weekend I had
 with my handsome hubby, and beautiful boy!
Goodnight! 


No comments:

Post a Comment