Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LOVE

I was thinking this morning of the immense love I have for my son. I've never known a love like this. I would do anything for him, want the best for him, and would give up my life for him. I love my amazing husband, my best friend, who makes me a better person, encourages me to be stronger, and blesses me in more ways than he knows.  I love all of our family who makes us who we are today and are always there no matter what we go through in life. I love our church and dear friends who pray with us, weep in times that are rough and rejoice with us in times of happiness, and point us to God (whom I love, praise, and adore).  Even with all of this love I feel I was hit in the face after reading another great woman's blog... about the Greater Love God has for ME and all of His Children. A Love so great that he would actually give up his ONLY Son (Now, could I do that!?) for poor, sinful people like myself. 

How Great the Father's LOVE for Us... How Vast beyond all measure...that he should give his Only SON to make a Wretch his TREASURE.

How Great the pain of Searing loss...The Father turns his face away...As wounds that mar the Chosen ONE... bring many Sons to Glory.

Behold the Man upon the Cross...My SIN upon his shoulders...Ashamed I hear my mocking voice...
Call our among the Scoffers.

It was MY sin that held Him there...Until it was accomplished...HIS dying breath has brought me life...
I know that it is Finished.

I will not boast in Anything... No gifts, no power, No wisdom...But I will boast in JESUS CHRST...
His Death and Resurrection.

Why should I gain from His reward...I cannot give an answer...But this I know with all my Heart...
HIS wounds have paid MY ransom.

Please visit this Godly Woman's BLOG - It's the inspiration behind this post! 


Much LOVE to all of you today!


No comments:

Post a Comment