Monday, January 24, 2011

Dear Eli: Please stop growing!

As I write this post, I'm watching my now 7-month-old son play, chuckle and squeal on the floor with such delight. I think back to 7 months ago to the day..... at this exact time I was probably holding my son for the first time. He was born at 5:55, and it took almost an hour till I got to finally hold him against my chest. The feeling was indescribable. And now, I look at him playing joyfully with his blocks, happy as can be. I kept thinking all day... Eli, please stop growing. As exciting as it is to see the changes come and watch him meet various developmental milestones, I cannot believe he's more than a 1/2 year old. For some reason, 6 months wasn't as hard, but 7 months seems so old! haha! 


He's workin' his little heart out to try to crawl. For now, the side pivot/scoot and rolling seems to be working for him. I know it won't be long, though! His developmental assessment was today, and he is right on track in every area. We notice a few things that are affected by his vision, but they still aren't putting him behind as of now. Our support specialist is just going to keep an eye on him to watch for any signs if it does start to cause him any delays. We are excited to start teaching/doing some basic sign language with E now that he's noting things more and started to imitate us as we play with him! We'll start with just the basics for now- for instance "more (more food), drink, milk, please, thank you, yes, no, help". I'm pretty sure he'll pick them up quickly. He loves watching us and imitates us. He loves clapping with our help, or giving "high fives". We take his hand and make it hit ours... than let go... and he does it himself. He's babbling all the time and adding in lots of new sounds. He squeals and screams with joy- and LOVES to interact with us- but mostly just daddy. Those 2 are quite the team, I tell ya! What a sweet little gift he is to us! 



~Love you little man~

No comments:

Post a Comment