It's been a while since I've gotten to blog! We had an amazing time back in Billings for Colin's Spring Break this past weekend! It was soooo good getting to see our family, catch up with some dear friends, and getting the special treat of meeting my first nephew (and Elijah's first cousin), Nathan! We were so lucky to be home just a few short days after his surprise and early arrival (since he wasn't due to Easter!) I LOVED snuggling him close and it sure did give me the newborn baby fever. Eli wasn't too sure what to think of little Nathan. He mostly just wanted to grab his face and pull off his hats when he stopped scooting and crawling around for long enough to notice he was there! It was cute watching them together and just thinking about what the years ahead will bring as they become little buddies and grow up together! What a special blessing that will be :)
I have so many pictures to share from our time at home,
So I can just tell about our trip through some of the pictures...
Here is Elijah meeting his little cousin Nathan for the very first time. I was also holding him and hogging him since I was the last of our family members to get to meet this precious bundle.
It was SO hard not being there for his arrival like the rest
of my family. But, I'm SO proud of my big sis who did amazing
and I envy her very quick and pretty much "dream" labor and delivery compared to mine!
I am SO completely happy for Jen and Steve and know that Nathan is a true miracle baby boy!
Eli's facial expression says it all: "who is that baby.. and why is he taking all of my mama's attention!?!?"
"Hmm.... maybe I will just grab your hat and make you cry!"
I was so in love with him and loved every moment of cuddling him close to my chest.
I miss the newborn stage where all they want to do is snuggle up!
This is probably one of the better photos I got of the cousins together.
Nathan was the perfect posing baby (of course) ... while
Elijah was difficult to stop and look and smile all at the same time!
Little Mr. Nathan, You are SO very loved.
Your mama and daddy waited SO long for you
and prayed for you for such a long time.
You are true miracle and worth the wait. :)
Such Perfection!
I'm so in love.
Precious bundle of joy.
And ... my ovaries are aching ;-)
Can't wait to give Elijah a little sibling someday....
Eli inspecting Nathan again
This picture is SO perfect!!
It just looks SO right.
I can't describe it in words how COMPLETELY happy I am for my big sister.
You are an amazing woman, wife, daughter, teacher, friend, sister, and (finally!) MAMA!
You deserve this... and all the happiness in the world.
Welcome to mommyhood- the best gift ever!
Cutest lil' love bug!
Here's Elijah sporting his Nuggets jersey at Buffalo Wild Wings
with the boys for the big college basketball games.
And here's E hangin' with Daddy and Grandpa
(and of course watching MORE basketball)
Mom and Dad got out for the evening...
I'm pretty sure Grandma and Grandpa weren't too upset with having to babysit the little man!
They acted calm and nonchalant.. but I think they wanted to kick us out as soon as we mentioned them babysitting for the night! :)
After coming home later than I told them we would, this mama was very worried that Eli would be melting down and giving his grandma and grandpa a tough time...
Instead, I came home to the sweetest sight EVER!
How could this not melt your heart?!
Oma loves her Mr. Elijah!
Out to lunch with Oma and Opa!
Cute Lil' Munchkin
Our last day in Billings the Sun decided to shine and we went to the park before leaving town!
Eli tested out the slide a few times...
He loved the little swings
What a cool dude with his shades on ;-)
Lookin' forward to many more days at the park this spring and summer!!
It's good to be back home and adjusting back into the swing of things.
Colin only has 4 more weeks of classes! We are so excited about this and ready for summer!!
Of course, we're missing all of our amazing family already,
but looking forward to our next trip home sometime soon.













No comments:
Post a Comment