Hooray! Or so I thought. Many, many, many,tears; one poor miserable baby boy; and two days later we're still working on getting those teeth through. Yep. Teeth. Two of them. The first one has broke through the skin and I can now feel a sharp ridge, rather than just a poke. The second tooth is trying desperately to break through the gums, and this afternoon I think I could almost feel a poke. The little man has been a pathetic, sad, miserable, fussy mess. I'm hoping we'll be able to see a tooth by this Sunday (mainly because it's Easter and he'll be 10 months that day and I think it would be super cute in pictures!) :-) If they're not there by Sunday... I know they'll be visible sooner or later and he'll be stinkin' adorable!!!
Along with the teething, he's been running really high fevers. I know that it can be common to have low grade fevers with teething, but we're talking 102 or 103 temps the last 2 days. No fun! And, I'm starting to think it may be more than teething-- possibly ear infection? We'll see how long I can let it go while using Tylenol or Motrin to keep it at bay. Hoping to not have to visit the Doctors again- until his 9 month well child check up which is already scheduled for next week!
***My cure for teething-- Lots and lots of cuddling. Frozen wash cloth for chewing on. Frozen teething toys. Tylenol and Motrin. Baby oragel. Tears (from him and me). And mostly, Lots of talks with my moms. Oh- and a large glass of wine in the evening for this Mama. ;-)
"I need a break, my head is going to explode from this headache, please come cuddle your grandson, so I can go grocery shopping to fill my completely empty fridge and feed my family or maybe just take a nap!?!"
Thankful for phone calls and texts and did I mention- wine!? ;)
Also thankful for an amazing husband that even as busy as he is with school and the stresses of the end of the semester... he goes grocery shopping so I can stay home with a cranky little man :)
Here's to hoping for a less miserable baby boy tomorrow and the rest of the week and that his fever subsides...





No comments:
Post a Comment