Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MAMA

Mothers hold their child's hand for a moment 
and the hearts for a Lifetime.

Colin asked me yesterday what I wanted for Mother's Day. 
I had almost forgotten that this Mother's Day I am actually a MOM!

Last year I was a very pregnant lady anxiously waiting 
for her little man's arrival... 
and before I knew it... 
I'm now a mama to an active, adorable, almost 10 month old. Wow! 

Where did the time go!? 

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a mommy.  I have always wanted a house full of munchkins.  And I still do, at least a few anyways, depending on how many I can talk daddy into letting us have! :)  I love every little thing that comes with motherhood.  I don't mind the sleepless nights, the spit up, the diapers, the messy meals, my own food being cold because I always eat last, my house being overrun with toys and tiny clothes, the sticky fingerprints on my phone, my crowded bed in the mornings, and any other seemingly unpleasant thing I'm forgetting to mention.  Nope I don't mind at all.  Because all of those things are completely overshadowed by the kisses, hugs, snuggles, watching him clap and wave, holding small his hands in mine, hearing his precious innocent cries, watching his personality develop, rocking him to sleep, singing worship songs and lullabies, and every other delightful and wonderful thing that comes along with having children. 
 I love my little lovie.


"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord.  The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3

I am so incredibly blessed and so thankful for my little gift. 
 I pray that God will help me to be the mother He wants me to be.  
That my children will see Christ through me. 
 That I can help them to grow to love God and serve Him. 
 I love the gift of being a mama and I wouldn't change it for the world. 




Here's a pic of my sweet lil' angel boy at the park this afternoon.
This Mama is so thankful for sunshine and sweet moments with my boy today!

Making the decision to have a child- 
it's momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment