Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Photographing Elijah

Today Eli and I did a little 2 month photo shoot! I have definitely realized how difficult it is to photograph my boy! Between the bad lighting in our place, Eli moving so much, his terrible red eye with any flashes, and his shaking eyes- about 90% of the pictures turn out blurry or just plain bad! But- the other 10% are wonderfully perfect when I capture the faces of our growing little man.
It is quite difficult to ever capture pictures with Eli "looking" at the camera- because his eyes move side to side so much-you'll notice that the majority of pictures he is looking to the side. I do think I'm learning to master how to capture his smiles though. (They are showing up more frequently nowadays- which excites his parents to pieces). To get Eli to smile- I talk rediculously loud, higher pitched, and obnoxious sounding! BUT- he hears me and he definitely reacts and smiles- and it's priceless!!!
Anyways,Throughout the very long process of photographing sweet Eli this morning- I also realized how I wish we had a better camera- one that I can adjust shutter speed and other important things when trying to get better pictures! Someday- We will invest in one of those! :) But, for now, I just take a million- and usually end up deleting the vast majority- but the ones I DO get to turn out are worth every minute spent taking them! I played around with the contrast and lighting with my computers photo software to make them better then the lighting from our house- which helps a ton! I'm so thankful his blue eyes do show up a little with our camera,as long as I don't use any flash!
Here is a selection of the best pics that we got today! There's a lot, but they're great! *enjoy*

love eli's hair and gorgeous eyelashes in this one





Blurry- but his expression is great!






He has discovered his tongue and is always playing with it and sticking it out!


this one is perfectly innocent- i love his big eyes!




Content and Chubby


Caught the spit up coming out!








A silly grin!










I think he looks so much like his daddy here!








Perfect Lips


i love his beautiful eyes and eyelashes here


And finally~I captured a perfect smile~ Priceless!





He found his thumb- precious!



1 comment:

  1. Oma loves them all! What a precious, beautiful and perfect little grandson I have.

    ReplyDelete