Saturday, December 13, 2014

Isaac- 7 Months

On December 1st Baby Ike started the downhill slide towards turning ONE. He's officially 7 months and less of a "baby" every single day. He's busy, on the move, happy, smiley, healthy,and so so sweet! 









Busy and on the move. Into everything (His current favorites are the Christmas tree, lights, and ornaments!) Between rolling and scooting and doing his own version of the "crawl" (which appears more like the worm!) he has officially been all on the move and all over the place for the past month now. One of these days he'll get the real crawl motion down, but it's not like it's slowing him down right now. I just know he's trying to keep up with his big brothers and is my most active of our kids at this age. I'm a little worried for what that might mean for our future. 








Happy. Smiley. Content. And giggly. He is such a joy. He'll play on the ground moving around with all the toys for ever now. He'll jabber and coo and squeal with delight. He loves when he gets his brothers animals and tries to play with Elijah & Luke. He started saying his first "word" (using a consonant with his vowel noises) and of course it was "Da da da da". After having 2 kids go through speech therapy (one still in it!), I'll celebrate every word and sound he says! :) He has the best scrunchy nose big grin, which still continues to be tough to get on camera/on demand but I love when we get them!! His chuckles are the sweetest and daddy can usually get the best ones when he's kissing him or giving him raspberries. 




Healthy. Weighing in at 17.5 lbs he is healthy and happy. We finally moved into size 3 diapers just this week. Size 6 month still fits him best, but he'll also wear 6-9, 9 month, and 6-12 month clothes.  He still nurses 5 times a day. Eats solids 2 times a day. (A variety of fruits and veggies now and we'll soon add a meat and maybe some dairy) He tried Puffs for the first time and I love watching the concentration and determination it takes to not only pick up a puff, but to successfully transfer it to his mouth :) He can sleep 12 hours a night when we don't have to wake him to bring big brother to school or go to church. He is my worst napper out of the three boys, but I still love him ;-) Just wish he'd nap longer in the afternoon, especially when Mama has to work at night. Still in the infant car seat because I love that he can nap anywhere while we're on the go, but he's getting pretty heavy in it! He's a thumb sucker and tummy sleeper and gets cuter each day.







So, so Sweet. I just can't get enough of my sweet baby boy. He is at a great age and getting to be so much fun. He's such a joy. Mama aches for time to slow down and I hate that it's just all going so fast, especially because he's our last. But we love Baby Ike and thank God for the perfect gift he is. 









No comments:

Post a Comment