Oh Sweet Baby Ike.
You are a tough cookie to get a good picture of. You can be so smiley and sweet. But for pictures you get really serious and I have a hard time capturing those grins. We also have a hard time with those eyes to keep them open! But we still think you're pretty dang cute. ;-)
You were over this photo shoot as soon as we started! Ha!
I love watching you grow up and meet milestones and learning to do more and more. But I mourn the little baby you no longer are. I'm just trying to enjoy all the days and I can't get enough of my baby boy.
I love listening to you talk, coo, squeal, giggle, chuckle, fake cough, screech, and growl. We call you a pterodactyl now because of this high pitched screech. And we joke that listening to your big brothers, you've already learned to growl like they do. You're silly personality is coming out more. You are really interactive and fun. You love to grab our faces and try to eat them! You try to chew on anything you can get your hands on you grab everything in sight.
I love that you'll get to grow up with a dog. He'll help protect you and you'll love having him by your side. He wanted to get in on your pics this month so I took advantage of him getting close and got some cute pics. You will be best buds.
I love watching you discover new foods, flavors, and textures. So far you've tried oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, green beans, and avocados. But, you're a little picky and only a fan of the last two (both of which you loved!) I wonder if you'll learn to eat more and continue to be a picky one. Mama is making your food and next up will be carrots, pears, apples, and sweet peas. So fun. You're a busy boy who curious an distracted making breastfeeding a little tough, especially with others around. But you still take a bottle well and even learning to hold it on your own for a minute!
I love watching you play. You currently love to roll around and scoot everywhere. You're busy and active. You absolutely love your play mat and now grab at all your toys. You like to sit in your jumper but don't really jump much yet, soon I'm sure! You don't go in your swing as often as you did, but you still love it. And will often take short naps in it in the late afternoon or evening. You can now sit for very short periods of time on your own. Usually a couple minutes or so before you topple over. :-) You're slowly working on that core! Also, your newest thing is your ability to get up on your hands and knees. You even did a little rocking motion. Before we know it, you'll be crawling. You are all over the place already, I'm not sure I'm ready!
I love that you sleep so well. You are napping better and on a good little routine. You fall asleep so easily. Just lay you down and put on your giraffe noise machine and you roll right over to your tummy, suck your thumb, and fall asleep. At night you typically sleep 10-12 hours. I'm also so thankful you're easy to take around and you'll nap in the car seat if needed for naps.
I love that you're healthy and pretty much just perfect. You weigh 17 pounds (39%) You are 26.5 inches (42%).
You wear all 6 month or 6-9 month clothing except for a couple pairs of 3-6 month jeans. You're a happy growing baby boy and we couldn't be more thankful for you!!
Here are a couple smiley pics of your great grins from the past month. Thanks for bringing us so much joy!
We love you to the moon and back, Isaac Jacob.











No comments:
Post a Comment