Thursday, August 28, 2014

So Long Sweet Summer

Our Summer has been a good one. And it's coming to an end, sadly! A busy, fun, enjoyable Summer. All three of my babes were born in Spring/Summer- which I LOVE! And because of this, my 12 week maternity leaves were always in the Summer. It was the BEST. I now think about how I won't getting another 3 month leave during the Summer months again. (Just one more reason in my list of being sad about being done having babies... but that whole subject is better left for another post some day!) Anyways... Definitely a benefit for the teachers out there having the Summer off each year. Thank goodness I do have a schedule that I'll always get some days off and if I schedule myself appropriately, I can usually get a week off at a time every once in a while!

Well, we tried to make the most out of this one. We welcomed Baby Ike in May and set out to enjoy our May/June/July as best as possible. We've enjoyed the beautiful Montana creation that God has given us. We played outside, went on countless walks, played at the park, got wet at the splash park, played with friends, shared cousin Noah's pool, went camping, went to the MT Fair, saw the coolest dinosaur exhibit, Daddy and E went fishing in the raft, we watched daddy play too many softball games, the boys fished at Riverfront, Mama got pedicures, we made S'mores in our fire pit, we let the boys get covered in dirt while playing, they jumped in pools in their clothes, we shopped, we enjoyed lots of popsicles and ice cream, the boys became even closer with their cousins, we traveled to South Dakota, we went to the movies, we had numerous BBQ's, we celebrated our E and LT's birthdays, we watched Pigs Race, and we had a wonderful time enjoying our sweet little family. I'm so thankful for the time we had. I hope we made memories for the boys to always remember.

This coming weekend we'll enjoy our big Woodbine Camping trip with the whole Haan family and we'll say good bye to another awesome Summer. Mama's back to work and Eli starts school Sept 16th. We've had some cooler days and it's got us thinking about FALL. Oh how I also love all things Fall and Eli even asked about the pumpkin patch the other day. :)

Here are some pictures from some of our days of Summer and the adventures we enjoyed.











































































We had a GREAT Summer! 


Some of my favorite Summer pics from my phone! 



















 

Love love love this crazy beautiful life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment